Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,146
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,460

The Last Resort

Summary:

Steve's history and a bit of backstory with Reggie (Last Resort episode)

Work Text:

When the moment came when he touched Reggie, turning him around, guiding him into the room, Steve just wanted to hold the man close, but he couldn’t. He knew it wasn’t over yet.
He’d been called in to help Reggie Ackroyd, because the man was going increasingly off the rails… It was Steve who twigged that Reggie was hiding something…
“Will you be okay with what needs to be done?” Steve’s father had asked him. Somehow, he knew how much Reggie meant to Steve…
So, the plan had been set in motion to help Reggie… And it had culminated in this moment, with Reggie sitting here on the floor.

Reggie knew what was going on, now anyway… The breakthrough made everything fall back into place, at the same time as it made Reggie disorientated… He looked up at Steve, and the whole story came through… What he didn’t say was how he wished he had stayed with Steve… How, all those years ago, he should never have walked away… Lives would have been saved if he hadn’t. He could remember standing on the beach, in the early evening, the dusky sky meeting the sea that he and Steve looked out at… I can’t make that decision, Steve… I’m not sure it’s the right thing for me to live like that… I’m sorry… I’m going to marry her. Steve had just stood there, looking out at the horizon, in the semi-light.

 

Steve remembered the first/last time he was with Reggie… Back to Reggie’s apartment after a day of work in the field… It was the end of a Fall afternoon. The Chief had told them to get a few hours rest while they had the opportunity… So, they’d driven back to Reggie’s. Steve hadn’t gone home…
The front door to the apartment had been shut, and Steve was standing by the window, amber sunlight falling all around him. It was beautiful. He had been a little wistful, a little in awe of it… And then, Reggie came and stood in front of him, watching him look out toward the sunlight. “What ya lookin’ at, Stevie..?” He asked.
“I’m not sure…” Steve said, still not having torn his gaze from the golden glow outside the window. Then, he looked to his side, to Reggie, for a moment… And Reggie was standing there, his shirt open, his jeans on… And Steve Sloan had almost forgotten how to breath at that moment.
“What ya lookin’ at..?” Reggie asked again.
It took ages for Steve to form words. In fact, he didn’t, not really, he just grabbed the buttoned edge of Reggie’s loose shirt.
Reggie looked down at Steve’s clenched hand. “You holdin’ onto me now, Steve..?”
“Yeah…” Steve spoke at last.
Reggie put his open palms in the small of Steve’s back, holding him closer that way…
One hand still on Reggie’s shirt, Steve put his other hand on Reggie’s spine, caressingly.
And they looked up and kissed one another…
They walked the few steps toward the bed; Reggie spinning so that Steve hit the mattress first.
“That’s the way it’s going to be, is it!?” Steve asked, meeting Reggie’s eyes.
“This time…” Reggie told him, and leant in over Steve to kiss his lips again.
It lasted, it seemed to Steve, for ages. Strong definite kisses, biting but tender… Then, when that kiss ended, Reggie climbed onto Steve, and Steve climbed further onto the bed, making room for him.
Reggie’s hips began to quest, jutting into Steve’s pelvis. His shirt was gone. He’d had no socks or shoes on to start with. All he still wore was his jeans and whatever was beneath them…
Steve put a hand to the waistband of his lover’s jeans.
“That’s it…” Reggie told him, pushing his groin into Steve’s hand.
Steve unzipped Reggie’s jeans, peeling them down his thighs.
Reggie moved one hand to push away his jeans and underwear.
Steve took them the rest of the way down…
And soon, they were kicked to the floor in some way…
Reggie’s naked dick thrust at Steve’s own tented uniform pants.
Steve unbuckled, and unzipped, pulling out the belt, and pushing upwards with his hips, his hands behind him, in the waistband of his offending clothes, shoving them down.
Reggie grappled with them, yanking them off…
Steve forgot how to breath again when Reggie came back to him and his cock touched Steve’s tilted folds. His own steely length of erection was a tower of hardness.
Reggie looked down at it, closing one fist around it, while still holding his bodyweight above Steve by bracing his other arm beside Steve, laying beneath him on the bed.
“Fuck me…” Steve whispered, emotional.
“That’s what I’m going to do, Stevie…” Reggie murmured with deep affection.
Steve’s legs fell wider open the minute Reggie began to say that to him.
“Put one on me, Stevie…” Reggie reminded him.
Steve reached out to the bedside cabinet rather blindly, not tearing his eyes off Reggie, or moving from the feeling of Reggie’s cock, which he only just held back. Steve found a condom packet, holding it up to Reggie to show him.
Reggie dipped and caught the edge of it between his teeth, as Steve held it for him. Steve pulled one way, he the other, and the packet was ripped open.
Steve pulled the condom out, and moved his hands between his and Reggie’s legs.
“Right, let’s get started, shall we??” Reggie grinned, as Steve touched the hilt of him, leaving the rubber sheath in his wake…
Steve grinned up at him, and laughed. He couldn’t believe how happy he was. How much he didn’t actually care that he was about to do this with a man…
Before anything else, Reggie entered Steve with wet fingers.
Steve stirred, moaned, even beginning to writhe, but still, he didn’t move away from Reggie. He was caught by Reggie, without resistance… Their groins were still meshed, inner thighs touching outer thighs, delicious weight and intent bearing down on each other… And Reggie’s fingers alone danced within Steve, before they slipped out, swapped for Reggie’s solid cock…
Steve gripped it, grabbing the muscles of Reggie’s back in his own strongly muscled arms and sizeable hands…
Reggie began to rock on him, yearning, muttering, fucking Steve…
Steve was a magnet to Reggie, and Reggie to Steve… They followed each other, even as they came, at almost the same moment. Steve shouting out first. No words, just the noise of sex… Sweet, unforgettable, amazing moment in time kinda sex..!
- For both of them…
The End: 16.2.07