Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-07-27
Words:
1,089
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,902

Best Friends

Summary:

Read what you want into this - Friendship or Pre-Ship/tentative Ship. Daniel+Sam fans will hopefully be a fan of this down-time fic...

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

I wrote this story ages ago, and even if I had any claim to Stargate, which I know I don't, I'm not sure if this is something I'd want added to its Universe. This was just an experiment!

Chapter Text

Best Friends…
Written On: 15th October 2003
By: Bethany S. Heard… Copyright: Bethany S. Heard.

 

“Daniel,” Sam prompted…
No response.
Carter slapped his face. “It’s no use, Colonel… He’s out cold!”
“Let’s get him back to the hot-house then, shall we?” O’Neill brushed the dust from his knees, scooped up Daniel over his shoulder, and led the group forward…
Teal’c walked beside Samantha Carter… “What bothers you, Major Carter..?”
Sam grinned, prim’ta or no, he could still be so business like.
“Daniel…” She answered, and continued walking beside her friend and colleague in companionable silence…

Duty-hours were over, at least, officially so…
Sam walked into the Infirmary…
“Hey,” Daniel looked up and saw her.
They smiled at one another.
“This is getting rather tired…” Sam responded, but with good humour.
“You’re telling me..!” Daniel grinned. “I’m going for an award, y’know..!”
“You deserve a reward..!” Sam smiled back goofily.”… But you do remember everything about it this time, right??”
“Uhu…” Daniel paused. “I remember your name this time, I know I need glasses to see your face in glorious techni-colour, and I know my own name, too, which is a good thing.” He smiled. “… I suppose!!”
“Definitely..! Sam sat down beside Daniel’s bed. “When are you getting out of here..?”
“I was just gonna get out of bed and start with the packing..!” Daniel smiled at her. “..But I decided it’s too warm in here..!!” He snuggled into the bed-covers, lay down, and propped himself up on his elbow to face her…
“It does look cosy, I must admit..!” Sam, looking sideways at him, took a tentative sip of water from the fresh cup and jug on Daniel’s bedside cabinet…
“… A lot cosier than that damn zat-gun… Jack’s never gonna let me live that down..!” Daniel frowned.
“… You haven’t been shot with a Zat for quite some-time, Daniel…” Sam tried to cheer him up.
“Yeah, unfortunately, I noticed that..!” Daniel laughed softly.
Sam with him…

“Are you up to this..?” Jack asked.
“I’ll look after him, sir..!” Sam assured. “You and Teal’c do your hero thing – We’ll just prop the world up, together, until you get back..!!!”
Daniel smiled at Carter…
“It was actually you I was talking to, Carter – That boy’s a handful!” Jack retorted.
Daniel rubbed his eyes markedly, and had to stop himself from being consumed either by laughter or embarrassment…
“What..?? We’re only going fishing!!” Jack looked back at Teal’c, and from one of them to the other of his friends before him…
Both Sam and Daniel folded over with laughter…
“C’mon, T..!...” Jack beckoned at his fishing buddy.
“I suggest we leave them to it, O’Neill..!!!” Teal’c stepped into the elevator, past Daniel and Sam. Jack joined him, and the doors closed. They were on their way.

“You two got any plans..?” Hammond asked, as Daniel and Sam were still walking back from saying farewell to the two fishermen.
“..Why..? Daniel got cautious.
“Relax, son… Just an enquiry..!” Hammond winked, and carried on down the corridor.
“Odd…” Daniel commented, as Hammond walked way omnward.
Sam smiled at her friend in response, and they carried on regardless… “Let’s go out to lunch today, shall we??” Sam thought aloud.
“Yeah,” Daniel affirmed. “I need some air..!”
“Wanna do something fun..???” Sam asked.
“Depends what it is..!!?” Daniel’s eyes sparkled with mirth.
“The motorbike’s in the compound, and there’s room for you on the back..!” Sam grinned, taking a different turn…
“No fair..!” Daniel blurted. “I don’t get to drive..!!” He was still up for it though.
“… But you do get my spare helmet..!” Sam danced ahead, teasing.

 

*********

Daniel had to ask, as he prepared safely, putting on the head-gear, “Exactly how many men have you taken responsibility for on this thing??”
Sam thwacked him upside the head, playfully… As she started up the engine, she confessed, “You’ve got further than Jack..!!”
That made Daniel smile.

Sam pulled up outside her house… When she and Daniel came to a stop, they got off, and rid themselves of all the gear, carrying it at their sides…
“I fancied going back to my place!” She paused to look at him, as they went up the path. She came back from putting the bike down the side of the garage, and asked, “You don’t mind, do you??”
“Hey, it’s all new to me..!” Daniel grinned shyly, following her through her front door.

After lunch, they sat on the sofa…
“Are you doing OK, Daniel..??” She asked.
“I don’t know what you mean, Counsellor..!?” Daniel laughed.
“Sorry..!” Sam chuckled, too…
“I’m fine..!” Daniel smiled directly at her. “This sofa’s very comfortable!”
For some reason, they both got an attack of the giggles again. It was all so relaxed…
“… I think you’ve made yourself at home…” Sam noted, as she got her breath back… “It’s a good job no one’s calling us back at the SGC..!”
They were happy together…

 

THE END