Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
323
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,614

At Jerry's Place

Summary:

Set after the episode where Danny is trapped in eccentric millionnaire's, Jerry's, place... Just a little fic that studies the banter between Mac and Danny! Just a hint of their real feelings for one another..!

Work Text:

Stella didn’t have time. She just didn’t. So, she ran down the hall with Flack, toward a car that had sirens, and the ability to get them there quick. She’d ring Mac on the way, and let him know… He already felt bad enough that he hadn’t had time enough to pull away from his own case for just a moment, and stand with Danny, whom was already in peril before this point.

“Mac, we’re in the car… Linda’s boyfriend, the locksmith, is in on it with her… And Danny’s in there alone with the man… Meet us there! We’ll get to him, Mac, I promise!”

Mac hadn’t said a word since recognising Stella’s voice on the end of his phone. He ran out of the building now. Even if he hadn’t already solved his case, with all the right people being talked to, he’d still be running toward Danny at this moment. He’d known, deep down, that ringing him every half hour had not been enough… It hadn’t sat well on him.

“I’m ok, Mac!” Danny’s first words to Taylor as he came through to where they all stood, in the hallway of the Mansion.

Mac lowered his gun. Flack had the guy in custody, and Danny was standing on his own two feet, his blood still bottled up, as it should be, inside him.

Mac stepped toward Danny, brushing his shoulder with an outstretched palm for contact. “I’m sorry I’m late…”

“I’m fine…” Danny reaffirmed.. “If you can get me a pizza on the way back…?”

“How many pizzas have you eaten today, Danny?” Mac smiled. “Flack told me you asked him for one, too..!”

“Ah, but he didn’t deliver!” Danny explained, talking with Mac as they gradually left the building, and the scene of this crime.

The End..?
8.11.06