Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
228
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
152
Hits:
1,251

Before And After

Summary:

Harkness reviews his life and loves...

Work Text:

Before & After

 

Jack rolled over in bed, and took Ianto in his arms for a gentle moment, as Jones still slept…

He loved Ianto… It wasn’t that he didn’t. It was just complicated. Living forever made it that way… You never really fell out of love if you were in love to begin with…

He still loved Estelle… Forever…

He still loved The Doctor… Always…

And he still loved Captain Jack Harkness, the man who gave him his name, and to and from whom he gave, and received, his courage…

Jack loved Jack… Or James loved Jack… Stronger than before, if that were possible… Time usually made it fade, somehow… But not this time…

He dreamt about him… Whether James (Jack) was in bed alone, or not, he dreamt of Jack Harkness… Of sharing his bed… Of going into battle with him for Britain… Of how his men might have reacted when they were under his command the morning after they’d watched him kiss another man (Jack) the night before… Did they care? Or did they not, because he had proved himself enough of a man as a soldier…?

The dreams broke Jack’s heart. They were sweet… They were longing… They were painful. They were afraid… And made of love…

The love he still felt for Captain Jack Harkness…

 

The End..?
6.12.07