Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
5,063
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
18
Hits:
1,642

A Heck Of A Day...

Summary:

It's been a Heck of a day all over the Galaxy! - Whichever side of the Gate you're on! Various pairings - Main and supporting characters!

Work Text:

A Heck Of A Day (and A Hard Day’s Night!) 24.8.05

It’d been a heck of a day in Janet Frasier’s world…Putting on her civvies in the girls’ locker-room, she asked Sam Carter, as her friend went out the door, going to visit her brother, “No one’s in the hydrotherapy pool, are they?”
“No, you and your fiancée can have it to yourselves, esp. if you lock it after the retinal scan lets you in the suite!” Sam smiled. “You should know that anyway..!”
“Hey, I want to use that pool for proper reasons!” Janet laughed.
“Yeah, he’ll be seeing to it, won’t he!??” Sam grinned, and left the room. “I’ll say Hi to Cassie for you…” Doctor Sam Carter stated as she walked down the corridor toward hers & Jack’s car, where he would be waiting, ready to pick up their adopted daughter.

Janet went and looked for her fiancé, Charles Kowalsky. As luck would have it, she found him alone in the gym.

“I’m gonna stick around for a while… Go and wrap myself in the warm waters of the hydrotherapy pool…” She walked up to him as he worked on his biceps.
Kowalsky put down the weights, scooted backward, and curled his arm around her back ‘til she straddled the bench he sat on, opposite him; then, he kissed her gorgeous lips.
“… Are you coming?” She asked as they came up for air.
“Always, with you, baby…” He twinkled.

As he climbed into the pool, Janet lay back into the heavenly water, floating like a starfish, watching the ceiling, until she heard him make his way over to her, and then, she put her heels to the pool-floor, keeping fairly crouched to keep below the warmth of the water surrounding them.
She yielded to his arms around her, leaning on him.
“I remember when you used to look after me in this pool…” He told her. “Helped me get back into shape after the Goa’uld extraction the Tok’Ra gave me…”
“I might not be your Doctor anymore, but I am your fiancée – I can still get you into shape… Or hadn’t you noticed..!?” Janet cuddled closer, emphasising what was between them.
Kowalsky grabbed the back of her thighs, hoisting her onto him.
Her hands beneath the water, she lowered the swimming shorts he’d worn just in case someone else was in the pool when they got there. His cock stood proudly over the waistband, which rested just beneath his balls.
He peeled her costume off her shoulders, around her belly, kissing all the while, and then pushed it down around her thighs. Then, reached into his own bathers and freed his sacks; bursting almost, already… He plunged his knob into Janet;
Her body arched instantly, rose out of the water, and shivered. Her fingers and nails gripped his shoulders…
Charles Kowalsky walked with her to the side of the pool, putting her up against it, so that he could drill into her.
The hot jets of water on the pool-wall spun and spurted around Janet Frasier and her ecstasy, adding to the touches of him within her. She was delirious, yet clarity had never been so much a part of her. She devoured his neck and lips in kisses with hot, wet caressing hands. She shimmied her body not enough to be awkward in his arms, but enough to bring him on…Unrelenting, she brought him to the precipice; Kowalsky drowned in his own deep, erupting water; within the walls of her hot pool… And, as he did, she was there for him, breathing for them both...

THE END…

______________

Doctor Carter thought about their friend, Daniel, as she went past his old house, on her way to picking up husband, Jack, and daughter, Cassie.
She’d seen the happy face of Janet Frasier just now, preparing to go spend some time with her fiancé, Charles Kowalsky…
But Daniel floated in and out of everyone’s lives. His adopted people, the Ancients, were every bit as much at war with a faction of ‘evolved’ (and ascended) Goa’uld, as the Tauri & Rebel Jaffa were… Even on the higher plain of existence where they dwelt, they could not be at peace… So, it can’t be Heaven then, can it?? Sam said to herself as she drove along… Though quite what it was, since everyone living there could easily be described as literally glowing angels, even Doctor Carter did not know.
Currently, she knew Daniel to be in the Antarctica outpost on Earth, with people from the SGC, and Thor, the Asgard… The place was a fortress, or was trying to be. Thor had even had one of his Asgard Hammer devices installed, re-programmed, of course.
Daniel’s second wife, Dr Carolyn Lam, also worked on that Base… And, since someone had to be based there from the Ancients, Oma, their Leader, had had enough mercy to let it be Daniel. She knew, because of not being able to save Sha’re, Daniel would never be able to settle anywhere else but at Carolyn’s side. Even with the Antarctica Base being a fortress long before Daniel was assigned there, Sam knew how much safer Carolyn had to feel with her husband constantly at her side… And, of course, Daniel could draw the fight away to his other realm, when Anubis came blasting… It helped, a little.
Carolyn’s father, General Hank Landry, was commander of the X303. Colonel William Ronson was his XO.
A shiver went down Carter’s spine, and she pulled over for a minute to gather her thoughts, because she had involuntarily thought of the time, a couple of years ago, when Nirrti, an ally of the enemy, Anubis, had tried to pull Cassie into the war. She hated it enough when Jack had to work off-world, helping their colleague Teal’c’s band of brothers, battle against two more of Anubis’ henchman, Apophis and Solkar, as part of the war. Teal’c’s wife, Shaun’auc had been severely injured, being a freedom fighter herself, last year… And, Teal’c’s son with the deceased Dre’auc, would have been missing in action for several more months, along with their Master Be’tac, and her own father Jacob/The Tok’Ra Selmak, if Daniel had not steeped away from his post in Antarctica to find them (and been reprimanded in the process)… Cassie was inconsolable back then, because she and Rya’c had developed a bit of a romance, still going on today… So, when their men were on the battlefield, Sam and Cassie got through a lot of chocolate chip ice-cream and video nights in with their friend, Janet.
Sam changed the CD in her land-rover, and swiped a drink of Lucozade before resuming her journey. As she savoured the liquid, she knew she had to remember to ask Jack how Cameron Mitchell & Vala Malduran, the newest members General Hammond had assigned to his team, were doing. Part of Sam lived for the moments when she could step through the Gate with her husband, but his team, these days, was on a bit of a rota, covering all bases in the name of war. Lt Tyler and Nijan were grounded at the moment, through injury. ‘Lt Tyler’ had gone back to recuperate with his own kind, as medicine here could not help him. But according to reports, he would be back among SGC Personnel very soon. Nijan’s life had been saved by Teal’c; so the two were now ‘even’ because five years’ ago, Nijan had saved Teal’c from death when he’d been caught in a cover-up by Nijan’s people, the Bedrosians.
Sam’s mobile rang over the hands-free set. She answered it. ‘Hello’.
“Are you alright, dear?” Jack asked. “Me & Cassie are thinking you’ve got lost!”
“Don’t worry, I won’t make you wait another five years..!” Sam replied brightly.
“What!?” Jack queried.
“Never mind… Thinking about Nijan is all!” Sam answered. She could here Cassie giggle, knew that her husband and daughter were huddled at the corner of the road in the brisk autumnal air, and imagined Jack’s expression at that moment. She grinned.
“Not long now… The cavalry’s coming!” Sam promised.

The End

___________

 

Martouf walked into the Commissary. He was shattered, even for a man with a Tok’Ra symbiote inside him. He had to have some sugar! So, he cut himself a large slab of treacle tart from the desert cabinet, and sat down at a table with it. Life as one of the small team of Tok’Ra Liaison at the SGC was exhausting – It was swapping one kind of exhaustion for another – But it had its benefits.
He was on Colonel Kowalsky’s team, SG2… With Shayla, an ex Goa’uld Slave to Baal; Narim, soul survivor and previous freedom fighter for the Tollan, as in love with Shayla as she was undoubtedly in love with him; Siler, resident Engineering Genius, and Harry Maybourne… Harry was even deeper into a history with black ops than Colonel O’Neill – Scary, Shady, powder keg, silent potential, yes… But with the saving grace of a heart of gold, most of the time…
Martouf had old colleagues as well as new here… Garshaw, Malek, and now, the newly recovered and re-cooperating Kianna Cyr, and Yu… These two, Tok’Ra operatives with far too many years’ lost to the Goa’uld. Firstly, taken prisoner at the SGC, then, through the Tok’Ra network, specifically Freya Annice, revealed to be operatives here-to thought far too unstable to recover… It had taken a whole team, a network all of its own, to help them remember… A team that involved Tok’Ra mother, Egeria, The Nox, and Narim, Martouf’s fellow team-mate. It also involved Tratonine, and mercifully releasing Yu and Kianna’s symbiote’s to their overdue death.
Teal’c walked over to Martouf at that moment. “Greetings, Martouf and Lantash… Are you well today?”
Lantash nodded respectfully. “We are, thank you, Teal’c.” Martouf answered. “How were your family?” Teal’c had recently visited Chulak.
“I believe my son barely realised I was there; so overjoyed was he to see Cassandra O’Neill. My wife causes me to be in awe of her fortitude…” Teal’c sat down.
“She is well?” Lantash asked.
“Indeed…” Teal’c inclined his head. “She has recently had reason to celebrate. The first matrimony between Tok’Ra and Jaffa, – The coming wedding of O’Neill’s son, Charlie II of the Re’tu, and Ka’Ryn.
“We have been invited to that.” Martouf spoke of he and Lantash.
“Ishta will be there also…” Teal’c reminded his friend.
“I know.” Martouf smiled, trying not to grin. It had been so long since he saw his love, Ishta. His first love in over three hundred years, since the death of Jolinar. Thankfully, she was no longer under the threat of Maloc, her dead master. Martouf had met her on the battlefield, fighting alongside the amazing Amazon, helping her deliver the death of Maloc to free her people. Many good people had died that day. Hebron, a great ally of Shan’auc and Teal’c, was the first to fall. The last had been Skaara of Abydos, now Ascended, and continuing the battle with Oma De’Sala’s people… His father, Kasuf, nephew, Shifu, and Betrothed, Nyota, were with him in the fight… The younger members of the family had lived through the destruction of their own planet because they fought Anubis’ troops in death-gliders, and were able to fly free, joining those whom had been evacuated from Abydos; Kasuf being among those. Afterward, they had worked in conjunction with the SGC, kasuf included, and were there to witness the battle between Maloc and the Amazons.
Artok and Rak’nor, the young Jaffa warriors walked into the Commissary at that moment. Rak’nor walked straight up to Teal’c. “Master Teal’c, would you preside over our sparring match,” he looked to Artok, “this evening..?”
“I may even join the match…” Teal’c replied. “But you should both be careful not to aggravate your injuries from the battle with Maloc.
“Of course, Master.” The younger men replied in unison.
“I will meet you at 1900 hours…” Teal’c told them.

The End

___________

Daniel Jackson shivered. He didn’t quite know why. He wasn’t exactly human anymore. He was corporeal, in essence.
But Antarctica was cold enough to make even an Ancient freeze.
He thought of how the loves in his life had taken him to utter extremes. Sha’re to the desert, where her son Shifu lead him back to when Daniel had learned that the ‘child’ was first among his family to become an Ancient. And now, well, now, here he was in Antarctica with Carolyn.
Daniel continued down the corridor toward his and Carolyn’s room…
She lay, curled up on her side, amid the fake fur throw, and the industrial strength bed-sheets, waiting for him to be at her side.
Daniel crossed the floor, shutting the door and its outside light… Their room was dimly lit. Cosy.
He walked over, and lay beside her, putting his arms around her waist. She kissed his clasped hands, and placed them around her again.
“Sorry I didn’t just ‘drop in’…” He said. “I was talking with Vaselov.”
“Is he ok?” Carolyn asked.
“His toes haven’t dropped off…” Daniel replied.
“Thank God you located him.” Carolyn turned to face her husband.
“Yes, that’s me, the famous glowing homing device!” Daniel laughed, holding her in his arms.
“You glow in all kinds of areas, dearest… I love you just as you are!” Carolyn told him. “I heard from Sarah today…”
“Is she getting based here, or on the X303 with your father?” Daniel asked about his archaeology friend and colleague.
“Dad wants her back on the X303…” Carolyn confirmed.
“I think your Dad has a bit of a crush on Sarah..!” Daniel smiled.
“She wasn’t too comfortable there the first time, but that wasn’t because of Dad…”
“It reminded her of being Osiris, didn’t it?” Daniel thought aloud.
“Most things do… You found her, too… You were the one whom took her away from that madness”
“And because I found her, I found you..!” Daniel kissed Carolyn.
“Funny how life works out… For months, I’d look at you, and think, no. Can’t have him. Sarah will want him back when she’s well enough!” Carolyn confessed.
“Sarah and I had been a long time out of love when I used to visit her. I came to the hospital, hoping to catch a glimpse of you as much as be there for her.”
“You sweetheart..!” Carolyn laughed.
“I used to think that even though you knew a bit about the world we all came from at the SGC, news about my realm was something I’d never be allowed to share with you…”
“And then, I got called up…” Carolyn stated.
“So, I knew I could tell you that I’d got called up, too!”
“How about heating things up..!??” Carolyn grabbed him to her, kissing him antagonisingly.
It worked.

The End

____________

Doctor Sarah Gardiner stepped aboard, met by Colonel Ronson again.
“Welcome back.” He said, not unpleasantly. “Ready to sign on again?”
“It would appear so…” Sarah stated. “Other world archaeology and our allies need my expertise.”
“So true!” Ronson told her, walking alongside her, carrying one of her hold-alls. “General Landry is on his way to see you…”
Sarah turned a corridor with William Ronson, and saw his words for truth. Landry walked toward them.
“There’s already room for you in your old quarters.” He greeted Sarah, shaking her hand.
“I remember where they are…” Sarah smiled, hoisting the shoulder strap of her bag.
“Our first port of call is Atlantis…” The General told her. “We are relieving the Daedalus. They’ve asked for more hands on deck with the Translation of all the Ancient’s instruction manuals. Your good friend, Daniel Jackson, dropped by to help them last month, but he cannot be spared back in Antarctica right now… Weir requested all the best minds on the job in light of the easy option not being a route right now.”
“Whom will I be working with?” Sarah asked, from pure interest.
“Doctors McKay, Weir, and Zelenka… Along with your old colleagues, Lee, Coombs, Falgar, and Nijan, of the SGC.” Landry notified her.
“He is well?” Sarah asked. She’d heard that he was recently wounded.
“He is in the Mess Hall onboard already… Go see him.” Hank smiled, shaking her hand warmly once again, and continuing down the corridor.
“Take the elevator.” Ronson indicated it across from her, when he had turned back from his salute to Landry.
“Thanks…” Sarah replied, and moved to catch the Elevator to the Mess Hall.

“Yes, I was called in much like you…” Nijan told her, as he put down his glass of water. “I was supposed to be heading to the SGC…”
“I’m supposed to be on Antarctica Base.” Sarah pondered aloud.
“General Landry has promised General Hammond to have me back on SGC duty within the week… I think I’m happy about the chance to go to Atlantis, but I will be glad to find myself at the SGC again..!” Nijan confessed. “Stepping away from my post in the middle of a fight, it just doesn’t feel right.”
“I think I’m a travelling bard…” Sarah wondered. “I sing about all the stuff I know for whomever needs to know it at the time… But hey, I’m among friends, and on the go..!” She lifted a forkful of strawberry cheesecake to her mouth.

 

THE END
___________

Major Rob Pierce and Ayiana, whom had made the place she woke to, her home, watched on the screen as the X303 lifted from the Pad at McMurdo… Doctor Warner brought them both a cup of coffee.
“Everything seems to be ok?” He asked, watching the screen with them.
The X303 disappeared, already flying to Atlantis. “They’re off to a good start, Doctor.”
“Major Davis is also making a good start on the road to recovery.” Warner told his colleagues.
“Wonderful..!” Ayiana was so happy to hear this. She knew what it meant to be incapacitated. She had never ascended, like most of her people. Had been frozen in time, lost a lot of time. Had only been healed because of the intervention of a man named Daniel Jackson… He’d given her life. This life. And she wanted to share it with Major Davis ‘til the end of time…
“When he’s well enough, I’ll brief him on the recovery of the Prometheus.” Pierce shared with them. The Prometheus had crashed; the reason for Davis being in the Medical Bay. Their had been air-borne battle, the Prometheus had joined it; Davis was onboard at the time, gathering Intel from its crew… Anubis’ ship had bolted the Prometheus directly. It went down, jagged, in the ice. Makepeace, the ship’s Captain, and Davis had been in the Medical Bay of Station McMurdo ever since that time a month ago…
“Can I go and see him yet, Doctor?” Ayiana asked.
“I think it’s a medical necessity that you do..!” Warner smiled. “For both of you!!”
Ayiana kissed him thankfully on the cheek, already up and out of her chair, beaming. She dashed off toward Davis in a split second, bumping into Colonel Chekov, who caught her, and set her free again.
He walked toward the chairs that housed his friends. “You told her then?” He looked to Warner.

The End

-----------

Doctor Weir walked into the room, “Any new discoveries??” She asked, smiling. Hopeful, but not over-bearing…
“It seems we were not the only ones to try and reverse Wraith evolution.” Rodney let her know.
“According to the texts logged here,” Doctor Gardiner began, “The Ancients have tried it also…”
“Doctor Jackson did begin talking of that last month…” Elizabeth pondered.
“Yes, well. We believe we have located a planet full of their efforts!” Rodney announced.
“It’s to be avoided, one would imagine?” Elizabeth looked around the table of experts.
“That would be a fantastic idea!” Rodney mentioned.
“Maybe we could even lock it out of the Gate’s system…” Doctor Lee suggested.
“Is there any other reason we may need this particular planet?” Elizabeth asked.

Who’d have guessed that just two days later, Elizabeth would okay a mission to go to this planet?? She would have…

John Sheppard and Doctor Carson Beckett were cold.

Teyla Emmagan had been trying to gather Intel on the Wraith by employing her telepathic link to the creatures. It was all very monitored, all very necessary. The Pegasus Galaxy was in a state of warfare with the Wraith, and would have been about to lose one of its biggest hopes in battle, if it had not been for Teyla’s courage. The Atlantis team had heard rumours that the Wraith were about to attack a particularly large and impressive planet; Birth place of many plans to defeat the Wraith… Atlantis needed to know if counter-attack was necessary, even an option.
Only Teyla had been taken over by the Wraith foot-soldier she’d contacted… And had promptly, been walked right into the middle of danger designed to distract and deplete her Base’s objective – She’d gone to the aforementioned planet of Reversal.
John Sheppard, stubborn, loyal, code of honour freak that he was; utterly besotted with Teyla, and she with him, though no one was really meant to know… But hey, everyone did, and everyone knew how precious time and life were; so nobody did much reprimanding of the couple… Whom knew what went on behind closed doors after duty hours, with them, or with any other personnel on Base? ...As long as it was just lovin’. Sure, it led to times like this, but in a ravaged society where every strength was needed; surely love was foremost of them all??
Well, John had gone to rescue her… Along with Doctor Beckett, Ronon Dex, and a team to cover their Six; headed by Colonel Coburn, previously of the SGC.
Coburn stalked the night; making his men a pack of wolves in Wolf-Territory. John and Carson carried Teyla on a stretcher. She had now been abandoned by the merciless wraith; and was wrapped, almost in swaddling, to combat her hypothermia… Ronon Dex covered the immediate rescue party, sticking close by.
Those whom dwelled in the woods tried to pick them off. How Teyla hadn’t already been got at, Lord knows… Perhaps, it was her partial Wraith DNA… Even these Savages were afraid of the Big Bad Wolf.
Shots were fired; scuffles were won… Parts of it were like a horror movie, with lots of howling at the moon…
But John Sheppard got his girl to safety, and flew her, and the brave rescuers whom had helped him, back home to Atlantis, in PuddleJumper: Gateship One.

The End

 

-----------

“He’ll be fine, Jack...” Sam soothed her husband. “He’s coped so well the last seven years… Your boy can cope with making history as well as he can cope with the woman he loves; and you’ve seen them together, Jack… They’re in love.”
Charlie, of the Tok’Ra, and of the Re’tu, was marrying Ka’ryn of the Amazonian Jaffa today… Out there, beyond the walls of the tent in which his nervous father sat.
Jack wiped a tear away…
Sam knew whom he was crying for at that moment. It wasn’t this Charlie. She hugged her husband tight. “C’mon, baby… Let’s get going!”
“Cassandra’ll be getting ideas out there, won’t she!??” Jack steadied his few tears.
“Well, let’s go see how much we think her inspiration is going to deplete our accounts, shall we??” Sam laughed.
Jack and Sam walked out into the daylight, taking their places beside Cassandra, whom had been reunited with her Beloved Rya’c.
Jack leaned over to his friend, Teal’c, whom stood with his wife, Shan’auc, Martouf, and Ishta…”You’re helping me pay for the wedding!!”
Teal’c cocked that mystical eyebrow.
Jack nodded in the direction of their loved-up offspring.
Teal’c simply nodded.
Martouf squeezed Ishta’s hand. They knew what that meant. Banding together in love was for them, too… In that, they trusted. Just as Ishta had learnt to trust Martouf, and, specifically, Lantash, when she’d seen the symbiote risk ‘his’ life to help Martouf save her. To do so, they had stood in-front of an Ash’rac, a mercenary warrior capable of executing symbiotes. The Ash’rac was there, picking off the fallen, depleting the ranks, host and symbiote or not; the being was there to kill in the ranks of Anubis’ Super soldiers that day…
And, since that day, Ishta had been ok with being in love with a man of the Tok’Ra… So okay that Ka’ryn, her protégé, and Charlie her friend’s son, were not the only Jaffa and Tok’Ra with marriage on their minds…

The End...?

 

Walking along the corridor toward her room, Ayiana and Colonel Paul Davis savoured their moments together.
Then, the claxons rang out! “Davis, we need you at Command now!!” Colonel Chekov urged.
Paul Davis ran full-pelt, aware that Ayiana was keeping up with him…

Outside, in night air beyond freezing, a fireball was coming at the Base.
SF’s whom commanded weapons from Earth, and other places, dashed… Some, trying to power up deflectors, which, at this late hour, purely skimmed the top off of hell.

Inside, Davis stood at the helm of Command, Chekov at his side. “What sector was that!!???” Paul shouted.
“The one that previously housed the artefacts from PX606…” Chekov informed him.
“And by previously, you don’t mean we had them moved to safety just minutes before the blast, do you??” Paul kept desperation from his voice, just.
“Brace yourself!” Rob Pierce shouted.
Paul didn’t ask what he meant, was too much of a veteran for that, by now.
McMurdo was rocked. “Round two??” Ayiana asked.
Paul looked over his shoulder, checking she was ok.
“No… Don’t think so. Unless they planted something..!” Pierce studied all the readouts.
“Major, the weather device has had it!” An SF’s voice reported over his radio.
“What?!!” That was going to be shipped out to help the situation in Antarctica tomorrow… Daniel Jackson would over see its installation, along with the Meteorologists’. He’d seen one of these devices before. This one had been found in an old Asgard cache, and donated to Earth by Thor’s government. Rob turned to his Commanders. “That’s got to have been an Earthquake! When the ‘s probe did a flyby, the weather device has to have been a casualty!”
“What we experienced a minute ago was only a tremor – What’s next!?? I’m going out there!!” Paul Davis announced.

…He stepped out into a flurry of snow that had been whipped up to become a lash… It looked like a landmine had gone off in the snow… SF’s laid flat on their backs, smashed against walls, dead, incapacitated, injured… Their luckier colleagues trying to make sense of the situation.
“Will shutting it down kill the effects of whatever its released onto us??” Chekov asked.
“Well, when the first device was found on Medrona, shutting it down returned things to ‘Normal’…” Paul reasoned with his colleague.
“You can’t just walk straight into that!!” Chekov spoke the truth.
“I’d end up above it – Above it is where I need to be!” Paul Davis realised.
“Can we get to enough of an altitude!?” Chekov shouted; helping up an SF whom was carried to relative safety by a member of his team.
“I’m going to get one of the recovered escape pods!” Davis announced to Chekov, and to those back inside, over his radio.
He was talking about what had been salvaged from the crash of the Prometheus. So, Paul and Colonel Chekov cut their way through the snow to the Rings.
… Those rings deposited them inside the Base again… Rob Pierce met them, and the three headed for the Pod of their destination.

Inside it, they hit on a course for upward; The roof gave them a prepared exit route… And they flew across to the blip on their target screens.
The men were spun in a shell that resembled a fairground teacup on one of those roundabouts.
Paul pulled up further; “There will be less downward pull when we get rid of the Pod’s defences over the top of the device!”
“It has those again, does it??” Chekov asked.
“All recovered Pods were re-armed, last I checked..!” Paul hit a button.
“… Being lighter might also mean we make a crash landing; if we’re luck enough to be blown off course..!” As he finished his sentence, Rob Pierce could already feel that happening to them.
They careered; but then, they stopped…
The Comm bleeped infront of Paul as their descent into the snow began.
“I’ve employed the Safety Net for you..! – Hope it was the right thing to do!!” Ayiana called.
“Gladly, these things don’t go fast enough, at the moment, to ricochet!” Paul told her.
“Didn’t think so..!” Ayiana concurred, a smile in her voice. “Francis still has some work to do, doesn’t he?”
“I’ll see him about it when we touch down..!” Paul told his love.
Francis Kearney-Hammond, son of General George Hammond, heard that, beside Ayiana.
“Next time you ride in that thing, Colonel, it’ll be harder than the bullets it ricochets from, I promise you… It’ll break through any Enemy fishing trawler’s net!”
“Good thing, Frankie!” Paul smiled at hearing the Texan voice. It was a voice he trusted, and a friend’s voice. Francis Kearney-Hammond came from a good family; The only son of two star General George Hammond; Frankie’s mother was the only woman Hammond Snr had ever attempted to truly love, after the death of his wife, Tessa, the mother of his two daughters, Lisa-Marie and Louisa. Their mother had died of cancer thirty years ago, when the twin girls had only been ten years old. Twenty-eight year old Frankie was the son of a union between George Hammond and Pearl Kearney; The couple split up when their son was five, but the boy had always known his father, and had lived with him from the age of fifteen, when Pearl had suffered a debilitating brain haemorrhage; which meant she was still in a care home for ex-military officers; even to this day. Pearl had been a Nurse herself once. Hammond had met her after being taken to the hospital where she worked when his truck overturned down a crumbling embankment. He’d swerved to avoid a lorry after a day of training recruits with his colleague and friend Jacob Carter (Plus a whole bunch of other officers and personnel)…

The End