Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
460
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
3
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,427

Sweeter Than Gold

Summary:

Will's back is left open during a battle aboard the Pearl . . . or is it?

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Sweeter Than Gold
by Pirate Turner

The sound of clashing blades filled the air, and danger seemed to hum in their very surroundings. It seemed to the fledgling Pirate that wherever they went, trouble always followed, and he was beginning to tire of fighting one battle after another. He dodged another swipe of the enemy's sword and kicked the Pirate so hard that he toppled backwards until he fell off of the ship.

He grasped that moment to turn and look around the ship for his Captain. He spotted him on the deck below, fending off two Pirates at once. He couldn't help but to grin as he noticed that his luscious lips were moving nearly as swiftly as his sword. The rushing wind from an oncoming attacker snapped his attention back to the battle, but in between dispatching the Pirates of the other crew, Will continued to seek out glimpses of Jack, determined to make sure he was safe as long as he had breath left in his body.

His eyes met Jack's once in the midst of the insanity that enveloped the ship, and the grin that Jack shot up at him gave his beloved a surge of renewed energy. He tore back into the fight with a new vengeance, determined that their crew would win again this day, yet as he dispatched Pirate after Pirate, Will forgot that he had no one watching his back.

It was only when a scream sounded from directly behind him that Will turned around, his face pale and his eyes wide from the sound that had come far too close. Jack stood behind the Pirate's corpse, having just pulled his sword out of his back. "Miss me, luv?" he questioned, his charming grin granting a flash of his gold tooth.

"Always, sweet," Will replied with a grin bursting out over his tired face. Jack was back, and together, they would be fine. Together, they could come through anything.

Jack turned and kicked the dead Pirate out into the ocean. "No one messes wit' Captain Jack Sparrow's man, savvy?" He whirled about to point his blade at the other Pirates who had been advancing toward Will, having spotted the younger Pirate and realizing that he was more inexperienced than the rest.

Jack raised a single, demanding brow at the Pirates, who all quickly began mumbling agreement and backing off. "Now get off me luv." The Pirates turned to look at one another and then, as one, they chose their fate in the water rather than face an angered Jack Sparrow. Jack whirled again, sheathing his blade this time and grasping Will instead. He pressed his lips to his love, claiming his prize that was, by far, sweeter than any gold.

 

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.