Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
877
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,029

Immortal Conversations

Summary:

RATING: PG
CLASSIFICATION: Future-fic...mentions of Spike/Faith & Cordelia/Angel.
SUMMARY: Some interesting immortal women gather in 2161.
SPOILERS: Um...well, this is an AU, but I suppose season 2 A:tS is okay enough.
DISTRIBUTION: Any sites with my fic up; you all have unspoken permission. I write it, you can post it. Everyone else just keep my name on it and let me know.
PREVIOUS PARTS/ARCHIVED AT: http://www.envy.nu/allthepain/index.html
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, Kazui Sandollar, FOX and the WB own it or them. Various friends of mine are holding characters hostage. You may see them by appointment only. Blaire Ryan came up with some of the concepts for this fic based in previous fics of his.
FEEDBACK: Sorry I'm not home right now I'm walking in the spiderwebs so leave a message and I'll call you back...in other words, I want it. Don't care if it's onlist or not, but I prefer offlist since I have quite a few lists on No Mail.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Answer to challenge #157. Blaire Ryan wanted to know, and I quote, "if anyone else can play in the sandbox of my delinquent mind." Well, dear, I'm building my sandcastle next to yours.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Immortal Conversations
by Ragna
(RaverRagna@excite.com)

It was 2001. The last time I'd visited Salt Lake City, it was so different from this. No crime, no anything...made me wish I was in Sunnydale at least so I could have a life.

That was...God, at least 160 years ago.

Has it really been that long? Is it really 2161 now? I mean, I was human up until 2007. Then I became a true terror, a soulless killing machine. Not even Angel could offer redemption.

Angel...

Can't think of him now. Don't know where he is...can't apologize to him. And God, am I sorry.

Got my soul back in 2020. Too late to apologize to my children and my husband. All gone. Had no clue where they were.

I wanted to kill Drusilla, but Faith got there first.

Good old Faith. After that fight with the Scourge demons, when she was turned...didn't think it would work, having three vampires around. Angel, Lindsey, Faith...

It wasn't until I got turned. That was when the trouble started. Lindsey split, took Angel and my kids and hauled ass away from me. I was killing everything in sight. It was dangerous for either of them to stay anywhere near me.

Lindsey was always a smart guy. So was Angel.

Faith worked on finding Drusilla, paying her back for the tailspin she put everyone in. Wesley looked up spell after spell to bring my soul back...nothing worked.

Nothing.

Why I got my soul back, I have no idea.

***

Faith looked up. She couldn't believe it... Neither could the other woman at the table.

"Delia?"

Cordelia winced at the nickname her husband had used so often for her. "Hey, Faith." She looked at the blonde to Faith's right. "If it isn't Kate Lockley...where's Riley at?"

"Taking care of business," Kate said, smiling. She'd let her hair grow long, reaching almost down to her waist. It was pulled back into an intricate knot, with strands dangling down. It clashed with the dark blue silk shirt and blue jeans Kate was wearing.

"I see late twentieth century fashion's making a comeback," Cordelia said, turning her attention to Faith's outfit, a red tank top with black Chinese design all over it and black leather pants. A long duster was folded over the chair to her left.

Kate looked at Cordelia. She was wearing the cutting edge fashion, a kimono-like dress in vibrant pulsating colors. All were warm shades that complimented Cordelia's looks. Her long hair was it's natural color again, curled and hanging loosely down her back. "Well, some of us don't remember that period of time too fondly."

"Tell me about it...I was in jail," Faith said.

"And I put you there," Kate reminded her.

"Actually, Angel put me there, looking for redemption," Faith said before looking at Cordelia. "I'm sorry..."

Cordelia shook her head. "It's okay." She pressed the button and placed her order, getting a sparkling water. It was a hot evening, as it was every evening in every place in the United Federation of States.

"So, why are we all here?" Kate said, looking from Faith to Cordelia as Cordelia slowly sipped her water and Faith bobbed her head to a techno song by Paul Oakenfold.

"Just to chill," Faith said. "Spike's at home, Finn's working...girls night out. It's not often we're in the same place at once."

"That's true," Kate said.

Cordelia only stared past them at the man who'd just walked in. She couldn't believe it...

Faith turned around in her seat and, smiling at the man, waved him over. Kate scowled slightly but kept her tongue.

"Lindsey! didn't know you were around!" Faith said, standing up and giving her "uncle" a hug.

"I was on my way to Los Angeles," he said, staring at Cordelia. "Hello Kate...Cordelia."

Kate breathed out slowly. "Hello Lindsey."

Cordelia stood up, leaving her water and walking out the door.

Lindsey looked after her. "What is it?"

"She's been looking for you since 2118, Lindsey. When she came out of seclusion."

Lindsey nodded to Kate. "Thanks."

***

Lindsey caught up with Cordelia not far from the water boutique. "Wait."

Cordelia spun around. "Why'd you come here?"

"I heard you were looking for me."

"I was. When Angel and everyone was alive, I was looking for you. Now they're dead. Now I don't really care."

Lindsey grabbed her arm. "Don't you want to know what happened to them?"

"No! No...no, I don't want to know," she said, the fierce look on her face dissolving. "I don't want to know," she kept repeating, even as Lindsey drew her into an embrace.

"Someday you'll want to know, Cordelia. And I'll be around to tell you," he said softly, holding her as the stars came out to play in the sky. "Let's go back to Faith and Kate. Go back to your friends."

Cordelia looked up at Lindsey. "You're staying?"

"Am I a friend?" Lindsey asked seriously.

Cordelia nodded.

"Then I'm staying." Cordelia leaned into Lindsey as they walked back into the water boutique. One day, she'd be ready to learn what happened to her husband and her children, and Lindsey would be there to tell her. He'd be there...

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.