Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
281
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,315

Revenge Fantasy 1.0

Summary:

Since the season finale, I've been daydreaming about how the bad guy, Frederick Balsam, might get what was coming to him. This resulting snippet doesn't necessarily take place in any other of my fanfic universes. It might, though. Depends if I need the guy again. Anyhow, here's:

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Revenge Fantasy 1.0
by Batya

The frail blonde smiled sadly. "Freddie, these last few weeks have been the best of my life. I just wish I had more time to spend with you."

"Oh, Peaches," Frederick Balsam said, leaning to whisper in her ear. "You don't have to die." He relished this, playing the magician, the dark god. He'd never thought that he would offer this to another so soon, but wonder of wonders, he was in love.

"But . . . a body-jump? It sounds like science fiction. I can't tell you how much I want to hope, want to believe, want to *live,* but . . ." A tear ran down her cheek, and Balsam, cigar held aloft, used his other hand to wipe it away. She smiled again, this time gratefully.

"Oh, love, I'll find you the perfect girl, healthy and strong! Once you're in, we'll make her face look just like yours. You can live as long as you wish."

"But you said the machines . . . you said you destroyed them.  How . . .?"

Frederick tapped the side of his head. "It's all in here, Peaches. Otherwise, I'd die in another sixty years or so.  Neither of us wants that."

A gun clicked at the back of his head. Balsam's hands went slack and his cigar fell onto the bed, where a black-gloved hand retrieved it. "Stand up," a man's accented voice ordered, and he did. "Hands behind your back," and he was bound. When he was turned, he looked into the eyes of the man with the gun, and reflected that they were deader than Eric the Crow's.

The man looked at him but addressed the woman as he said, "Excellent work, Nikita."

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Batya.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.