Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Aphrodite's Blessings
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
478
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,404

Aphrodite's Blessings 2: Soon

Summary:

Crossover; Aphrodite, Surprise
Rating: PG due to references of death
Summary: The Goddess of Love has grown weary of Her couplings being destroyed.
Warnings: None
Disclaimer: The Gods are © & TM Themselves, although certain mortals, not us, would claim ownership of the way They are shown herein. All other characters mentioned within and Xena: Warrior Princess are © & TM their respective owners, not the author, and are used without permission. Everything else is © & TM the author. The author makes absolutely no profit off of this work of fan fiction, and no copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Note: This is the second part of a start to a new series. The titles may change as the series progresses. We are also open to ideas for the titles, both for the series and for this particular piece.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Aphrodite's Blessings 2: Soon
by Pirate Turner

 

She stood atop the highest mountain in all the world, looking into the Realm of the Mortals past, present, and future. The wind that was exactly the temperature She wished combed through Her long, blonde hair, sending it billowing in the air about Her, and cats of all kinds surrounded Her. The smaller ones twined in and out of Her perfectly shaped feet, while the bigger felines paced around Her, their anxious moods matching her own.

She was tired of the way the world was going. She was weary of the humans messing up Her world, destroying what She had worked for millennia to help create. She was tired of seeing sad endings for Her favorite couples and, worse, the deaths of some of Her most beloved followers. She had had far more than enough. It was time to set things right, but how and where to begin?

Those were the questions whose answers She sought as She poured Her consciousness through the pools of time and felt again the heartache and misery that had come into each of the lives of the mortals She worried about. Some were already dead, others had only a short time yet to go. Some hearts were bleeding, others had been darkened, and still others were engulfed in utter despair with no beacon of hope anywhere on their set horizons.

Aphrodite pursed Her lips together as She thought over the hundreds of situations She faced, none of whose outcomes She liked. It was time to set things right, but where did She begin? Humans, and other beings creating trouble for Her loving subjects, had been causing trouble ever since the dawn of time. Some mattered more than others to Her, though, and then Her attention was called to one lone boy.

She could feel the fear that engulfed him almost as vividly as though it had been Her own, and She ached to pull him close to Her bosom, stroke his hair, and whisper reassurances that it would be all right, reassurances that She would cause to become reality. Yet She knew how his story ended with the misery, despair, and heartbreak of losing the man he loved before he could ever profess his feelings for him, let alone have them reciprocated.

No, She swore, watching the Pirates all around the child meet their deaths. No, it would not happen like that this time. Her Father swore that all mortals must have free will, but They were free to place certain things, and people, into their pathways and help things come the way They wanted them.

Her fingers touched the pool, and She drew circles in it. Things would come right this time, She swore, for him and for others soon. Not nearly soon enough, Aphrodite knew, but soon.

 

To Be Continued In The Series

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: