Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
324
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
19
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,294

Trust

Summary:

Fandom: Dead Like Me
Pairing: Mason/Rube
Rating: PG
Summary: Mason reflects
Note: This was written for the 5 minute challenge. a quick brainstorm fic. If  you like it let me know and I might even do another.

Work Text:

Trust
By PEJA

 

Trust.....

It's such a tiny little word, but has so much big to it.

Without it things go wrong. The dreams wither and crumble into the dust we  bring to everyone we touch.

But when the trust is there, its like the sun rising all over the world.

That's the kind of trust I have for Rube. I know he'll be there whenever I fuck up. And boy did I fuck up with those drugs up my ass.

Fucked and fucked up. That was me.

You might not think its a serious thing for a reaper to O.D. Well, it won't kill us, that for sure, but it damn sure will make a reaper wish he was dead.

And that was me.

Freaking out to the buzz as all those lovely drugs loaded my brain down with pretty pictures, and scents and colors. I was spinning so hard I thought I'd spin right off the world.

Mason the fuck up all screwed and twisted and no body to hold me together.

Nobody but Rube.

Darling leader that he is, he bundles me up and carries me home. Carries me, for Christ's sake.  Like a babe in his arms, not all slung over his shoulder like a slasb of meat.

Can't say I was happy 'bout being set to sleep it off on the floor, but he gave me a pillow for my whirling head, and a pot to toss up in. That's class, man. Real class.

Well, I slept it off and woke up all better.

And when Rube let me into his bed, that's when the trust changed to love.

Rube may be a hard ass when the little toilet seat girl pulls her crap, but when he's got little scrubby Mace in his bed, he turns all soft and cuddly.

I like his arms around me.  I like his lips touching me all over.  I like his.....

.....Trust  

 

end