Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Beyond The Pain
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
698
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
18
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,069

Quiet Time

Summary:

Fandom: CSI Miami
Pairing: Horatio/Speed
Rating: FRT 13
Warning: fluff, disability (blindness)
Beta: Starshinedogs/Travis. *hugs* Thanks a bunches.
Summary: A quiet evening at the Caine/Speedle resident.
Author's note: This is AU H is still with CSI but Speed is blind due to congenital glaucoma and owns several nightclubs in Miami. This was supposed to be just one story *headdesk* but when I started to write my brain went haywire, so there will be more.

Work Text:

 

Beyond The Pain 2 - Quiet Time
by Aiden

H walked into the house, put his keys down on the table by the door and his gun and shield in the drawer. He walked into the living room and smiled when he saw his lover lying on the couch fast asleep. Butch was lying in front of it and lifted his head when H walked in.  "Hey boy," he walked towards them and crouched down, scratching the dog behind his ear. He looked at Speed and stroked his scruffy cheek, "hey babe, wake up."

Speed stirred and he moaned, "what time is it?" he asked. A yawn escaped him and he slowly opened his eyes.

"Almost ten o'clock," he bent over to him and took his mouth in a headed kiss. Speed answered it, deepening it. "I actually thought you would still be at the club," Horatio stated, pulling back.

"Nope, Joe is closing up, so I had an early evening," Speed smiled at him. "You want something to eat? I can make you some scrambled eggs," he sat up and stretched his back.

"If you don't mind, just had a quick bite from the fending machine so I'm hungry."

"Scrambled eggs coming up," Speed stood and walked towards the kitchen. Still after a year H was amazed how his lover walked around the house with so much ease and comfort. "How was work?"

"Quiet for a change," H moved towards the kitchen and sat on one of the stools by the counter.

"So when am I finally going to meet them?" Speed took the frying pan and the ingredients he needed to make the eggs.
 
"Actually I'll have an idea, why don't I invite them to one of the clubs next weekend?"

"Sounds great, how about 'The Tropical', I'll need to be there anyways. I have an interview with a potential new employee."

"Yeah great idea, they're going to love it there."

"Oh before I forget you got a call from a Miss Boa Vista. She works for you?"

"Yes she does, I'll wonder why she calls me at home. You answered the phone?"

"Nope it's on the answering machine; she wants to go out with you."

Horatio growled, returned to the living room and clicked the answering machine on. 'Hi Horatio sorry to bother you at home. I was thinking maybe we could go out some day, let me know. See you at work.' He sighed, "she doesn't give up."

"The eggs are ready," Speed said.

Horatio walked back into the kitchen, "you're not bothered by this?"

"No, cause I know you would never go out with her," Speed said as a matter of fact. He leaned over the counter, reached out his hand till he touched H's face, bent over and kissed him, "and if you do I'll tell Alexx." He never met the woman but knew that she would hunt H down.

H smiled and touched his lovers face, Speed leaned into the touch, "I love you to much too even think about going out with that woman, but I wished she would take no for an answer."

"So why don't you just tell her?"

"Oh that will go well, 'listen Miss Vista, I'm not interested in you because I have a boyfriend' yeah right. What if Rick Stetler finds out?"

"It's not like I work for you that should make a difference," he laughed. "Uhm a blind cop, could be interesting though."

"Don't even think about it, then I'll have to share you with half the female population in the lab, not happening."

"Am I that good looking?"

"Yes you are and you're all mine," H said, claiming his mouth.

When they broke off Speed held his hand above the plate with the scrambled eggs, "don't you appreciate my cooking, there cold now."

"Sorry I got distracted, there is this guy who is getting all my attention at this moment."

"Should I'll be jealous?"

H laughed, stood and took Speed's hand, "let me show you just how much I love you." He lead him down the hallway towards the bedroom and send a quick prayer upstairs that they would have a quiet night too.

 

THE END????

Series this work belongs to: