Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-06-26
Words:
1,610
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
1
Kudos:
23
Hits:
2,339

Brothers

Summary:

Fandom: The Sentinel
Pairing: Jim/Blair, other pairings eventually
Rating: This part is PG.  It will probably  eventually have R or NC17 scenes
Category: Drama
Feedback: Yes, please.  All constructive criticism  will be graciously accepted
Disclaimers: The Sentinel and its characters belong to Pet Fly Productions and Paramount Network Television.  No copyright infringement is intended.  The author makes no profit and exists
solely on the accolades from fellow fans.
Authors Notes: I was going to call this a crossover, but I've never seen the "Frasier" episodes with Weird Bruce.  I don't know anything about that character except that GM played him.  So this story has a character named Bruce that used to work at a radio station in Seattle.  Any other similarities between my Bruce and Weird Bruce from Frasier are coincidental.
Summary: The boys get a surprise and Naomi's got some explaining to do.
Warnings: slash

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

 

Brothers
by Tayla

 

 

 

Bruce cautiously opened the door the Major Crimes bullpen, the tool case slung over his shoulder bumping against his thigh.  A black detective turned to him as he walked through the door and stared at him in shock.

"Hey, Hairboy, how'd you grow all that back overnight?"  The detective asked, gesturing towards his shoulder length hair.

"Excuse me?"  Bruce answered in confusion.

"Your hair, man.  Yesterday it was short."

"My hair has been like this for a decade, and I've never seen you before in my life."

The detective just blinked.

Bruce sighed.  This had happened to him a few times since he started working for the Cascade D
yesterday.

"I'm Bruce Johnston.  I'm from technical support.  Someone's computer went down?"

The detective's partner, a fashionable dressed man with dark hair and hazel eyes came over.  "That would be Ellison.  His desk is over here."

The other detective led him to a desk, and then went back to his own.  The two detectives continued to give him furtive looks.  

He powered up the computer and began to search for the problem.  After a few minutes he had to tie his hair back in a loose ponytail.  It was getting in his way.  He always did this.  He always started his day with the intention of leaving his hair down.  He liked it better down.  He thought it was a much more attractive look for him.

"Sandburg!  Get in here!"  He heard the deep voice booming from the doorway of the Captains office.  

He kept working.

The tall black man walked up to the desk where he was working and waited for him to look up.  When he did, the man said.  "What are you waiting for, an engraved invitation?  Get your butt in my office, Sandburg.  Your partner and I are waiting for you."

"Um . . . I'm Johnston."

At the Captain's blank look, Bruce repeated.  "I'm Bruce Johnston.  I'm from technical support.  They sent me up to fix Detective Ellison's computer."

"I don't know what kind of joke you're trying to play, but I am not in the mood for it.  Get your butt in my office now."

Yet another detective had walked up behind the Captain, staring at him strangely.  He was a bit shorter than the Captain with sky blue eyes and thinning brown hair.  "Simon, that's not Sandburg."  He said without taking his eyes off Bruce.

"What are you talking about, Ellison. Of course it's Sandburg."

"No Simon. It's not."

From behind the Captain and the detective came a voice.  "Simon, Jim.  What's going on?"

The two men parted and Bruce saw who was speaking.  He got up out of the chair, giving the newcomer his full attention.  

The other man came closer still and Bruce was staring into his own face.  Eyes the exact same color as his looked at him, wide with disbelief.  He had short hair, not as severely short as Ellison's but way shorter than Bruce's own shoulder length hair.  It curled over his ears and in bangs over his forehead, giving the other man a very different look, but it was still his face.

Bruce reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet.  He thumbed through it and pulled out a battered Polaroid that he passed to the man with his face.  

The woman in the photo was very young, with long red hair.  She was sitting up against the
headboard of an old fashioned iron bed.  Out of the window behind her, barley discernable was rain drenched corn fields.  She looked exhausted but smiled at the camera, and she cradled two newborn babies, each with a full head of dark hair.  

"Do you know this woman?"  Bruce asked the man.

"That's my mother."  He said in an awed whisper.  He looked up from the photo and met Bruce's eye and corrected himself.  "Our mother."

Bruce took a shaky breath.  "What's her name?"

"Naomi.  Naomi Sandburg."  He handed the photo back to Bruce.  Bruce ran one finger over the woman's long red hair and mouthed, "Naomi."

"What's your name?"  He asked without looking up.

"Blair."

Bruce closed his eyes and repeated it.  "Blair."

He opened his eyes and raised them to those of the man he had waited his whole life to meet.  "I'm Bruce.  I'm your brother.


end part 1