Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
464
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,612

L.A. Musings

Summary:

It's just a litle Zoe centric drabble, saying anything more would be overkill.

Work Text:

 

Disclaimer: Eureka belongs to the lucky S.O.B.s who thought it up aka not me. Wish I did, but I didn’t. This is just meant in fun. No copyright infringement is intended, so please don’t sue… I have only debt.  

 

Zoe hadn’t realized how used she’d gotten to Eureka until she went back to L.A. One week, which she had expected to be a glorious relaxing week of partying and boys with no interruptions from either an over protective dad or the more life threatening apocalyptic type via G.D. a full week of relaxing, as much as is humanly possible, away from Eureka.

 

It wasn’t until she found herself completely bored at one of her friends parties, which all blurred together after a while into a blob of multicolored dye jobs and the smell of cheap alcohol (which only served to remind her of a particular entertaining chemistry class and she really had to wonder when she had gotten so geeky), that she realized she might miss it, just a little. She knew she had begun to accept and maybe even like life in Eureka, with it’s altogether unreal situations, and hearing a green haired boy jump around talking about death rays (big check mark there), anti-gravity machines (half-check there, Henry still hadn’t quite perfected it, but he was still working on it), and better bugs (didn’t Taggart’s geese count for that one?) only drove home just how unreal it could be.

 

Thinking about the mishaps and… accidental scientific discovers, after all there were no real research failures only  accidental and sometimes explosive scientific discoveries, made her homesick. Just a little. Somehow, L.A. seemed a little darker and faker, especially next to her memories of the sunny bright little Cleaversville of Eureka. She almost missed the chaos, even though she knew in a week it’d be back to being annoyingly stressed out, to the point that she’d long to escape the geeks and the nagging and the chaos, but only in her bad moments. She knew she wouldn’t trade it for the world, wouldn’t even thing about it truthfully. No matter how much she missed her mom and the normal order of things (geeks? Running the school? It’d never be normal or natural), she wouldn’t want to move back. She liked life right where she was, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t going to enjoy things here. She’d enjoy shopping with her mom and drinking Grande mochas, and lattes, and any other type of espresso she pleased without her dad hovering over her, and when she got home should could hear all the latest comic book style adventures and get back into the swing of bribing Vincent for coffee. She shouldn’t rush things, she might as well enjoy L.A., and her coffee while she could.