Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
470
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
846

Dinner Plate Glasses

Summary:

Young danny fic with school bullies. i wrote it for a laugh as, one of my friends always calls daniel, dinner plate glasses to wind me up as i love him!! so this is for her, you know who you are!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Daniel hid. He had been running, the school bullies were after him again. He was wheezing. He hadn’t taken his antihistamines this morning and the pollen count was high. Damn this just isn’t my day, he thought to himself. He knew he had to sneeze, but he fought it, if he did they would find him. Too late he sneezed.

Before he knew it, they had found him. He could fell them tug at his shirt as he was pulled from his hiding place, his glasses slipping down his nose, he quickly pushed them up the bridge of his nose, he wouldn’t be able to defend himself if he couldn’t see, the again, he couldn’t defend himself anyway he thought to himself.

He was pushed to the ground; he could hear all sorts of insults rain down on him in between the blows. He curled up into a ball, hoping to protect himself. ‘Look it’s no parents Jackson’ one of the boys yelled. He could feel his glasses being yanked from his face, ‘no’ Daniel yelled reaching out to retrieve them but it was useless, he couldn’t see what he was searching for. ‘Ha’ yelled a boy Daniel couldn’t see, ‘look at his glasses! Dinner Plate Glasses!’

He could see a faint blurry of what he assumed were his glasses fall to the ground and be crushed under someone’s shoe. Although he couldn’t see his glasses he knew that sound only too well.

Again he curled into a protective ball shape hoping the bullies would get bored. He had brought this on himself this time though. He knew that. He was only occasionally a target. But he always got in their way when they were after others, he just couldn’t stand by and do nothing, and now he was paying the price. It had happened before, and he still hadn’t learned. His foster mother said he was stubborn, maybe that was it. To stubborn to learn not to help. It just didn’t feel right not helping. His parents would have wanted him to help. Although they probably hadn’t envisioned this.

He could hear voices yelling at his attackers. Everything was a blur and as arms gently lifted him off the ground he let go of his consciousness. He gave up, thoughts of his parents letting him drift off, into the nightmares that plagued him of their death.

When he woke up he was in hospital. Again. How many times was it this year? He had lost count and no matter how hard he tried he ended up here, no one seemed to believe him when he told them he was fine. He lay back on his pillow and stared at the ceiling and the glaring harsh lights. Dreams of a happier future letting him drift off into a dreamless sleep.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author spacemonkey101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.