Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
249
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
841

Time to reflect

Summary:

Quincy reflects on his past and thinks towards his future

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

I’m not a workaholic; I’m just stubborn and strong willed. I sometimes wish my life wasn’t as dramatic as it is, however I know that if this were to be the case I wouldn’t know what to do with myself. My work gives me a sense of worth, of purpose. Ever since i lost Helen to cancer I have worked harder than ever, I even get distracted by work when I go on vacation.

I don’t want to give up my work, as it is my passion, but I would love a break once in a while. I went straight from my days as a captain in the United State Navy Reserve to a coroner in Los Angeles County. In my heart I see my marriage to Emily Hanover as a new beginning, a chance for relaxation, and to finally see the world away from all the blood and gore that I see on a daily basis. She brings light into my lab on a daily basis despite the grim nature of my work and surroundings, and guides me from the darkness that can overwhelm a person in this job.

The future is mine to sculpt, I have taken the first step in this new beginning by selling my house boat; and with Helen by my side we will make it together, as we step forward hand in hand into the future.

"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author spacemonkey101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.