Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
305
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,374

Clarity

Summary:

Characters: Marshall Penfield, Don
Rating:
FRK, PG
Summary:
Don makes things clear.
Series: Irrational Fears
Word Count: 300
Disclaimer:
Not my characters (except when they are), not my world, making no money.
Feedback:
Yes, please! Feed the author!
A/N: Thanks to my betas.

Work Text:

 

 

Clarity
by IrenaAdler

Don walked around the table. "You think I'm a good guy, a law-and-order guy, and I am ... unless someone threatens my family."

Standing behind Marshall, Don leaned over and spoke quietly into his ear. "If you ruin my brother, I will walk away from my badge and spend my life ruining you.

"I haven't always worked in an office. I was once in Fugitive Recovery. Day after day, week after week, chasing some horrible felon. You learn to focus, to become your quarry.

"And I've learned other skills since I came to work here. Like how to steal your identity and ruin your credit and finances. How to hack into computers, so that child pornography is found on your laptop. There are things that friends and co-workers won't overlook - seducing children, abusing animals, torturing women - and I'll make sure you're accused of each one."

Marshall tried to swallow.

"I will listen to your calls, read your email. You will never have a moment of peace, of privacy. You will jump at shadows, suspect everyone.

"And your health? I will put salmonella in your breakfast and laxatives in your coffee. I'll be at every restaurant and grocery store. I'll wake you each night, standing over you.

"When your friends have left you, your career is in shreds, and your health is shattered, I will disappear."

Don paused and his breath shivered across Marshall's skin.

"Eventually, you'll pull yourself together and get back on your feet. You'll think that the worst is past and you'll rebuild. Then I will reappear and it will all start over again.

"Because, Marshall," Don said, very softly. "I do not stop. I do not quit. And ... I ... do ... not ... forgive."

Marshall whimpered and the sharp smell of urine filled the air

end