Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
489
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,181

Bowling For Love

Summary:

X-Men: Evolution
Summary: On an afternoon date with her favorite amphibian, Rogue thinks on how Todd can always get her to try something new...

Work Text:

Bowling For Love

She still couldn't believe it. She was dating Todd Tolensky. For over three months now. And she was happy about it. Would wonders never cease" First Kitty had gotten together with Nightcrawler, and now she fell for Toad. A more unusual pairing she'd never heard of. She couldn't have chosen a more atypical person to date if she'd tried. Maybe next week Wanda would get together with Evan. Stifling her giggles at the thought of Spyke, who hated all things Maximoff, ever getting together with one, Rogue looked around her. She and Todd had gone with a walk in downtown Bayville, just enjoying each other's company. But she wanted to do something. She noticed that Todd kept looking at her out of the corners of his eyes. Finally, Rogue got tired of the silence. "So..." Rogue said, looking over at Todd out of the corner of her eye. "Sooo what?" Todd drawled, grinning up at her. Rogue laughed lightly. "What are we gonna do tonight, Brain?" Grin widening, Todd said, "Why, the same thing we do every night, Roguey..." "Try to take over Bayville High!" they chorused, bursting out into peals of laughter. When they finally calmed down, Rogue said, "But seriously, Todd; what are we going to do? We can't just wander around downtown all evening; that'd get boring." "You're right, it would. Hmm, let me think." Todd thought for a moment, then snapped his fingers. "How 'bout we go bowling?" Her brow furrowing, Rogue said, "Bowling?" "Uh-huh. It"s fun, you won't have to worry about anyone touching you, and the food at the snack bar is pretty cheap, so I could treat for once." He wrapped his arm around her waist and started cajoling. "C'mon, Rogue, I know you'll like it. You can beat me at yet another game. Yahtzee, Trivial Pursuit, and now bowling!" Rogue chuckled; he was conveniently leaving out the fact that he'd beaten her at basketball - because of how high he could jump - and swimming races - because of his amphibious nature. "I don't know, Todd. I've never been bowling before," she revealed. Todd's expression of comical surprise caused her to chuckle. "You've never been bowling?" She shook her head, hiding a grin. "Well, you have been deprived, my sweet," Todd pronounced. "It's time we rectified that. C'mon." Grabbing her gloved hand, he pulled her down the street towards Bailey's Bowling Alley. And this, right here, was why she really liked Todd. He was so much fun, and could get her to do the craziest things. And she loved it. Almost as much as she loved him.