Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 14 of Irrational Fears
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
302
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,646

Education

Summary:

Characters: Marshall Penfield, Don
Rating: FRK, PG
Summary: Marshall is educated.
Series: Irrational Fears
Word Count: 300
Disclaimer: Not my characters (except when they are), not my world, making no money.
Feedback: Yes, please! Feed the author!
A/N: Thanks to my betas.

Work Text:

 

 

Education
by Irena Adler

"Agent Eppes," Marshall said. "I was wondering when I'd see you again."

Don nodded. "We did meet during that home invasions case."

"I'd feel like I knew you, anyway. Eppsie was always talking about his amazing big brother and how good he was at baseball." Marshall smirked. "Sorry that didn't work out for you."

Don's eyes didn't even flicker at the barb, and, for the first time since Eppsie's boyfriend had held a gun to his head, Marshall began to feel nervous.

"I'm here to educate you," Don said, sitting across from Marshall. "You think that Charlie is a mathematician who occasionally helps out the FBI. While that's true, it is a tiny part of the picture. Charlie works with many different agencies, doing math miracles only he can."

Before Marshall could protest the word `miracles', Don continued.

"Charles Eppes is considered a crucial national asset."

Marshall snorted.

"If you were to ruin Charlie's credibility, and therefore his ability to work with these agencies, there would be many displeased people."

Marshall's eyes narrowed. "You're saying-"

"I'm saying that there are many legal ways for such agencies to show their displeasure. The NSA could use your computer network to test viruses. The CDC could quarantine your house. The DEA could raid it looking for marijuana. And Homeland Security could do whatever they want, once my team establishes your links to terrorism."

"Hey-"

"We already have you breaking and entering to search for classified material. We'll just interview your friends, family, co-workers, students, mailman, and ex-girlfriends until we find more links - and, believe me, everyone has them somewhere."

Marshall's mouth went dry.

Don leaned forward. "The funny thing?" he said softly, and there was almost pity in his eyes. "None of that is what you really need to worry about."

 

end

Series this work belongs to: