Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Quiet Moments Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
456
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,760

Shed Not thy Tears

Summary:

A preslash drabble
Fandom: Firefly
Pairing: Mal/Simon
Rating: PG
Summary: Simon learns he is not alone
Archive: The WWOMB. Anyone else ask first, but all headers must remain intact.
Disclaimer: Not mine
Warning: this was written in a ten minute spat of anxiety so take it for what its worth.

Work Text:




Shed Not Thy Tears
By PEJA

Simon ran his fingers over the bandage he'd just applied to the watchful captain and turned away. "I...I need to check on River. She..."

Malcolm stopped him with a hand on his arm. "Your sister is safe enough for now, Simon," he said, tugging the man back toward him gently.

"Wh---what are you....?"

"Shush," Mal murmured, cupping his cheek, "You don't have to play aloof with me, Simon."

"I...I'm not..."

"Aren't you?" He smiled softly, running his thumb over Simon's full lower lip. "I know some of the crew have been giving you a hard time. I've seen that look you give them when they're gathering together, like a kid with his nose pressed up against the candy store window." He smiled gently. "I've seen how you watch me when you think I'm not looking."

Simon shrugged away from him. "You're minus a few pegs, captain."

Mal laughed low in his throat, shaking his head. "You know what, Simon? I think if you knew what I have in mind for you you'd run back to the welcoming arms of the Alliance so fast your head would spin."

Licking dry lips, Simon met his eyes. "What...you have in mind?"

"We're both been alone too long, Simon." Mal pushed off the medcot, his big body moving like a stalking cat toward the smaller doctor. "I don't want to be lonely any more." He reached out to rake his fingers through the silkiness of Simon's hair. "Gawd, I've dreamt of how your hair would feel against my skin."

"You....have?"

Mal slanted him a seductive smile. "Doesn't compare to actually sinking my fingers into it."

"Captain...."

He leaned over the smaller man, his lips almost touching his ear, but not quite, making the breathed word a tender tease. "Mal."

Simon lost some of his stiff posture, his body swaying into the hard softness of Mal's chest. "S...sir?"

"Mal, Simon. When we're alone, you will call me Mal," His tongue darted out to flick the lobe so near his lips.

Simon's knees trembled dangerously and he swayed heavily against the other man. "Mal...."

"I'm giving you fair warning, Doctor."

Simon struggled to understand the captain's words against the sudden tide of passion thundering through his veins. "Warning?"

Chuckling his pleasure, Malcolm said, "I want you, Simon, in my life....My arms." His lips swooped in to tease Simon's open mouth. "In my bed."

Simon went still for a heartbeat, then his arms crept slowly up Malcom's back, pressing himself tighter against the strong man offering him his
protection against the strangeness of Serenity.

And for the first time since he'd made his run with River, he felt safe.



END
Hey, its a drabble, what do ya want anyway.

Series this work belongs to: