Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 7 of Irrational Fears
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
305
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
5
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,377

Worth It

Summary:

Characters: Marshall Penfield, Colby/Charlie
Rating:
FRK, PG
Summary:
Charlie clarifies Penfield's situation.
Series: Irrational Fears
Word Count: 300
Disclaimer:
Not my characters (except when they are), not my world, making no money.
Feedback:
Yes, please! Feed the author!
A/N: Thanks to my (impatiently bouncing) beta.

Work Text:

 

 

Worth It
by Irena Adler

Colby knocked Penfield to the floor and stood over him, fists raised. Cringing, Penfield covered his face with his arms.

"Wait!" Charlie shouted.

Colby growled and didn't look up. He hadn't drawn his gun, but that was almost worse - it showed he wasn't thinking as an agent, but as someone who could rip another person apart with his bare hands.

Charlie stepped closer to Colby, though careful to stay out of Penfield's reach. "As much as I'd enjoy watching you snap his scrawny neck, he's not worth going to jail."

"I know places where no one would find the body."

Charlie smiled wryly. "I don't doubt that you and I could construct the perfect murder, but he's not worth it."

Still not looking up, Colby said, "It would be an interesting exercise..." His low voice sent frissons of fear and excitement through Charlie. He rarely saw his lover in this mode and he was reminded that no matter how gentle Colby was with him, Colby really was a dangerous man.

"Yes, it would be interesting," Charlie said, attempting to keep his voice even. "But there has to be a better solution."

"Like what?"

Penfield piped up, "I suggest-"

"I suggest you stay quiet," Charlie snapped. "I know you're too stupid to be afraid, but you've just threatened my career and life's work, as well as maligning my work with the FBI, my character, and the character of my partner."

Penfield continued unabated, even with blood seeping from his split lip, "However distasteful, the truth still-"

"And if you don't shut up and let us think, I'm going to re-evaluate my decision to stop Colby and you'll discover exactly how thoroughly an Army CID Interrogator is trained in how to cause pain without leaving any marks."

Penfield shut up.

Series this work belongs to: