Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of The Terrorist Trap
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-05-24
Words:
2,464
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
2
Kudos:
18
Bookmarks:
7
Hits:
3,438

Collaboration

Summary:

Abby and Greg are working on a new DNA technique.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Rated: FRT - young teen
Fandom : NCIS/CSI crossover part of the Terrorist Trap mess I have going.
Catagory: written for NCIS Thing-a-Thon II
Pairing: Greg/ Abby Gen or Het was not specified so I took it as gen
Prompt: DNA
Rating: PG
Summary: Abby and Greg are working on a new DNA technique.

Chapter Text

Abby sat at her computer, internet meeting software running and waiting for her collaborator to join her meeting. She had never done a joint journal article before but found herself looking forward to working with the DNA tech from Las Vegas.

 

Most people didn't "get" her, especially other's in her chosen profession. Before they met her in person they would praise her work, but all too often once they met her they showed disdain for her choices in clothing or music... Greg was the first of her peers to actually share many of her personal likes and dislikes.  As much a rebel in his own way as she was.

 

 

She was really happy that Tony had introduced the two of them. She never would have guessed the G.H. Sanders, the author of several articles on DNA processing, was nearly her age. She had admired and respected his work for the past few years, ever since he started publishing.

 

Once they had met and hit it off so well they decided to collaborate on a new article. Abby had authorization to use the labs at NCIS for research during any down time she had. The agency more than happy to fund her research if it resulted in a published scientific article which would increase the prestige of the organization. Greg also could run some experiments but his down time was limited. The Vegas crime lab was very busy and he didn't often have time to work on his own projects. If it came down to it Greg had said he was certain he knew a place they could get a grant.

 

 The web meeting software would allow them to collaborate even over the 2500 mile distance between DC and Vegas.

 

Abby checked her watch. It was pretty late in DC but the goth scientist would have no problem staying awake. She had laid in a good supply of Caf-Pow and was waiting for Greg to wake up and sign on. With the time difference he should be getting up soon. They had agreed the best times for  their meetings was just as he woke up in the evenings  which would be just prior to Abby going to bed. They also agreed to meet during Abby's lunch time which would be about the time Greg would be getting home in the morning after stopping for a meal or running a few errands.

 

Abby took a slurp of her drink and settled in to wait for her new friend.

 

 

****************************************

 

Greg stretched in his bed, scars on his back pulling a little with the movement. He felt the warmth of his partner in the bed. Greg lay in the bed for a moment about to snuggle back in for some more sleep when he suddenly remembered he was supposed to start his project with Abby tonight. He had set the software up on his desktop and laptop this week in preparation.

 

He quickly left the bedroom and went to the living room where he left his laptop. He had spent the day at his lover's home, but he had yet to add the collaborative software to the computer there.

 

 

Abby was really cool. For most of his career he had been the kid. The bright one who was just a  little too weird to be taken seriously even if he was smart and he was able to publish articles in his chosen field that were at times used as the standard for certain DNA procedures.

 

There had been another well known published scientist who he had always wanted to meet, A. Scuito. The journal articles from that author were always concise and informative. Strange that his friend Tony not only knew her but worked with her.

 

 Once he met Abby, he knew he had to try sand convince her to publish an article with him. She loved loud music and was as much a non conformist as he was. He would love to bring her to his lab in Vegas for just one shift to see the CSIs react to her and her goth appearance. He would pay good money to see Sara's reaction to Abby, her clothes, her exuberance, her caffeine addiction and her music.

 

 

His laptop finally finished warming up and he opened the meeting software cuing the camera and donning the headset with the mic.

 

He could see her there waiting for him in a private meeting room.

 

"Hey Abby! Sorry I'm late. I have this idea about pulling DNA from keratinized specimens... I think I can wash out the keratin and...."