Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-05-06
Words:
4,114
Chapters:
5/5
Kudos:
15
Hits:
3,391

The Ones We Love

Summary:

Fandom: The Sentinel
Pairing: Jim/Blair
Rating: PG13
Category: Drama
Feedback: Yes, please. All constructive criticism will be graciously accepted
Disclaimers: The Sentinel and its characters belong to Pet Fly Productions and Paramount Network Television. No copyright infringement is intended. The author makes no profit and exists solely on the accolades from fellow fans.
Authors Notes: This was a plot bunny I had on the back burner, and it got jump started by Roys Lady and her Mental Image of Jim treating Blair badly. I also have to give a nod to Francesca and the first story in her "Nature" series for the image of Blair flying across the coffee table. http://www.trickster.org/francesca
Summary: Jim zones and Blair uses drastic measures to bring him out of it.
Warnings: Angst and violence.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

 

 

Untitled
by Tayla


"Get your hands off me you fucking pervert."

The words came out of Jim's mouth in a growl and Blair found himself flying backwards and landing splat on his back across the coffee table. He looked up to see his partner towering over him, fists clenched and tendons sticking out on his neck. Blair couldn't breath, couldn't speak. He tried to curl himself into a ball to avoid the blows that he was sure were about to pummel him.

How the hell did he get himself into this?

A few hours ago Blair had come home from the university to one of his worst nightmares. Jim was sitting on the couch in a zone. A really deep zone. And since Blair hadn't been there when it happened, he didn't know what Jim had zoned on.

He ran through his checklist of things to do to bring Jim out of a zone. He spoke to him in his soothing Guide voice. He stroked Jim's face, and the insides of his wrists. He tried waving his hands in front of Jim's eyes. None of it worked. Blair continued to speak to Jim, but after an hour he started to panic.

Blair paced around the loft, pulling at his hair, trying to think of something to try. He raided the kitchen for items with strong scents. He waved an open jar of pepper under Jim's nose. No reaction. He tried garlic and cinnamon and cloves. Nothing. He even resorted to getting the smelling salts out of the first aid kit. He almost gagged but Jim had no reaction.

He was close to tears. His best friend and Sentinel was slipping away and he couldn't stop it. Finally he settled himself in the big man's lap and hugged him close, pressing Jim's face into his neck so Jim could smell him. And then he began to speak.

For the first hour, he talked about his memories of their partnership. Things that stuck out in his mind since meeting Jim. Tackling Jim so the truck wouldn't hit him. Jim sitting on his ratty old sofa in his warehouse apartment sharing popcorn with Larry, just before everything blew up. Jim saving him from that raving lunatic, David Lash. Being handcuffed to Isabel while Jim was under the train. Just random memories of the cases they had worked.

For the second hour he spoke of more personal memories, telling Jim about his childhood, of his travels with Naomi. How exciting it was to visit interesting places. How difficult it was to always have to leave just as he was making friends, and having to start over again somewhere new. How glad he was that he didn't have to do that anymore. Because Jim had given him a home. He told Jim how grateful he was to share his home, his job, his life.

All of this failed to get a response from the man. Blair held his Sentinel in his arms and tried to rub warmth back into his cooling limbs. And he cried. Telling Jim that he was the best friend that he had ever had and he loved him. Begging 'please come back Jim, I won't make it without you.' With tears streaming down his face he screamed at Jim. 'If you die on me, I'll just have to find your gun and follow you and that would be like so bad for my karma.'

And still Jim stayed in his zone.

After three hours it suddenly dawned on Blair that he had tried to stimulate all of Jim's senses. All of them except taste. In his enthusiasm and his belief that he had hit on the one idea that might help, he didn't take the time to go into the kitchen for food samples. Instead he held his Sentinel's face between his hands. He put his mouth on Jim's and coaxed the cool lips apart. He gently tongued the inside of Jim's mouth, allowing his taste to intrude on Sentinel tastebuds, hoping that the unfamiliar flavor would be enough to bring his friend back.

And that's when he found himself airborne. Jim had come back, but it was a Jim that Blair did not recognize. He never would have believed that Jim could hurt him under and circumstances. And yet here he was lying flat on his back on a piece of furniture that he wasn't even allowed to put his feet on. He couldn't breath, he had possible cracked ribs and he was anticipating a beating from his best friend in the world.

How the hell did this happen?



What do you all think? Should I continue?