Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
496
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,345

Disappointed Readers

Summary:

Rating: G
Summary: The author's "Angry Viewers" disappoints two readers.
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Unconventional Pairing
Disclaimer: Piper, Prue, and Paige Halliwell, Cole Turner, Dan, and Charmed are © & TM their respective owners, not the author. Everything else is © & TM the author. The author makes absolutely no profit off of this work of fan fiction, and no copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Note: Contrary to possible appearances, this fic is not an ego trip. I wrote "Angry Viewers" when my het pairing of choice for Piper was Leo/Piper. This fic is set to correct that error of judgement. :-) You will hopefully be seeing more such revised fics of my older Charmed stories.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

Disappointed Readers
by
Pirate Turner


She sighed dejectedly as she signed off of her computer for the night. Her husband came quietly into the room right at that moment, and he looked at her in caring concern. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" he asked, offering her his hand.

Piper shook her head as she took his hand and let him help her to her feet. "It never fails," she commented with a sigh. "They come so close to the truth, far closer than those so-called writers who do the scripts for our shows, but they never get it right! They got Prue right, and Paige was with Dan even if she isn't now. But they never get us right when they get the others right! We have fics out there, but we're considered an unconventional," she spoke the word with a flourish of obvious distaste, "pairing!" She pouted as she looked up into his handsome face. "It's just not right!"

He sighed and nodded his head in agreement even as he reached out to gently cup her cheek. His fingers ran lovingly over her soft face before he crooked a thumb underneath the tip of her chin and gently lifted her face closer to his. "I know, love, but they don't matter. What matters is that we faced our problem ourselves and we are together. I love you, and you love me. That is all that matters, Piper."

"I know, darling, but sometimes I can't help but to wish they'd get it right just once."

Cole smiled reassuringly down at her. "Then maybe you should write our version, love. Tell them how it really happened."

Piper cocked her head slightly to one side in thought. "Hmm. I never would have thought of that! But I hardly have enough time for the club, let alone barely any down time! Between fighting Demons, running the club, being a mother and your loving wife and partner . . . Besides, I'm not writing! I tried that once!" She shook her head, her pretty, little nose wrinkling in disgust. "Suffice it to say, it didn't work out well at all! I was a straight A student, but I got a F for that one!"

Cole tisked softly. "I'm sure that teacher didn't know what they were doing."

"She did . . . "

Cole still doubted that but decided not to push that particular topic. "Then be content, my love, not to write or read our tale but to live it," he spoke huskily, his hand gently caressing her face as he stared deeply into her beautiful eyes. His arm circled her waist, and he swiftly pulled her close against his muscular body. His mouth bent over hers, and he kissed her with all the passion and love he felt only for her and all the countless promises for a happily ever after that was all their own. She melted into his embrace, forgetting all her concerns and showing him how much she loved him in return.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.