Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
367
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
1,271

His Ladies' Man

Summary:

Thanks To: Phyllis for granting me the inspiration I had hoped to receive from the M7_Brothers_By_Choice Yahoo! Groups mailing list. This fic is my take on the 4-28-08 challenge to use words with silent d's: "Wednesday", "Handsome", "Handkerchief", and "Ma'am".
Rating: G
Summary: JD reflects as he watches his lover playing the role of the ladies' man. Slash.
Warnings: Slash
Disclaimer: JD Dunne, Buck Wilmington, Chris Larabee, Vin Tanner, and The Magnificent Seven are © & TM CBS, The Mirisch Group, MGM, and Trilogy Entertainment, not the author. Everything else is © & TM the author. The author makes absolutely no profit off of this work of fan fiction, and no copyright infringement is intended.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

His Ladies' Man
by Pirate Turner


He watched from across the street that bright Wednesday morning as the tall and handsome man swept out of the telegrapher's office, his eyes shining with excitement as he wildly waved a piece of paper at their leader who stood just outside the saloon, talking in low whispers with another of their number who leaned against a post. His own eyes caught a bit of the growing excitement as Chris looked up and his mouth quirked into a dangerous half-grin around his chewed cheroot.

The man in black left his partner to stride toward Buck, whose quick amble was suddenly paused by a lacy handkerchief dropping down in front of him. "Oh, my!" the petite blonde exclaimed, her gloved hand going to cover her mouth in feigned surprise.

JD couldn't help but to roll his eyes at the sight and grind muttered words underneath his breath. There wasn't a woman in town who hadn't wanted to bed his partner at one time or another, but Buck was his man and there was nothing they could do about it! His heart swelled with pride at that thought even as Buck straightened from picking up the handkerchief. He watched with growing pride as his lover handed the handkerchief back to the giggling female, tipped his wide-brimmed hat, and murmured a quick, polite "Ma'am".

The girl fell into fits of hysteric giggles with her female companion as Buck hurried on, and though the smile on his face would make most of the townsfolk think that he had enjoyed having that brief encounter with the fairer sex, JD knew the bright, wide smile on his lover's handsome face had nothing to do with the female and was all contained in the page of good news he waved eagerly at Chris and Vin. The kid hurried forward with a smile lighting up his own face to go hear whatever word had made his beloved so happy, confident in the knowledge that, though Buck played the part to keep their secret well under cover, he never truly looked at any woman. Buck was his, just as he was his, and so they would be forever.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.