Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 4 of The Terrorist Trap
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
406
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
23
Bookmarks:
5
Hits:
2,809

Investigating the Investigators

Summary:

Tony has worked with Fornell 3 times. For someone who doesn't trust the FBI that's 3 times too many. Who is he going to call for a dossier on our favorite FeeBee?

Work Text:

Tony really hated having to work with the FBI. It had nothing to do with professional jealousies... Well not much to do with them though it still burned him that the Feebees had private planes and didn't have to go through all of the crap that went hand in hand with airport security these days. No, his dislike and mistrust of them stems from a much more personal reason. He is sure though he can't prove it, that members of the FBI were in some ways responsible for the drive by shooting of his cousin. The shooting that caused Tamilla's death and nearly cost Ezra his life. The one that did cost him his career with the FBI, though he seems much happier in Colorado with the AFT than he had ever seemed to be while working with the FBI; even in the early days.

 

He had worked with the FBI a handful of times since starting with NCIS, but never with the same Agents. This was the third case that his team had worked that Special Agent Tobias Fornell had worked with them. This case had him a little worried. Fornell had been gunning for Gibbs this time. It all worked out in the end, but Fornell was turning up at NCIS headquarters entirely too frequently for Tony's piece of mind.

 

Tony needed more information about Fornell, and he needed it fast. At the rate this was going he could end up working with Fornell again any day now. He had a few contacts he could go to for this information. He knew a few FBI agents who he could actually tolerate. Martin Fitzgerald was one. They had gone to military school together and remained close friends afterwards. Don Epps was another. They had met during a law enforcement seminar back when Tony was still in Philly before Tony would automatically distrust anyone who worked for the FBI just because of the agency they worked for.

 

Tony picked up his cell from the coffee table, the TV played softly on the background with Casablanca but he had not been paying attention, instead being lost in though. He took a sip from the bottle of beer that had been dangling from his hand as he dialed a familiar number. He called the one person who he knew had more contacts than he did

 

"Hey Ezra, got a minute?"

Series this work belongs to: