Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
504
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,116

Decisions

Summary:

Mariage plans

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 


Decisions
By Sephiroth


There was a moment of silence from the five pilots as they all blinked at their consoles.

"Heero... what did you just say?!" Duo yelped, weakly. He sounded incredibly fragile.

"I said, I'm leaving." Heero said, taking out a few of the enemy fighters they were approaching.

Duo took out several himself. "What the hell do you mean you're leaving?" he demanded.

"They've asked me to take over for one of the retiring instructors. I'll be teaching combat training."

"So there'll just be four of us." Wufei observed, taking out a few more of the enemy.

"No, three." Heero replied.

"Three?" Wufei asked. "Me, Duo, Quatre, and Trowa is four."

"You, Quatre, and Trowa makes three." Heero replied.

"I got transfered?!" Duo yelped. "When, exactly, were you planning to tell me this."

"You didn't get transfered." Heero replied. "I'm planning on marrying you."

The next words were the hardest Duo ever said.

"No, Heero."

Everyone blinked. Even Duo.

"What?!" Heero gasped. He couldn't believe it. Duo loved him. He'd been trying to get Heero to propose for months. Now Heero had and Duo was turning him down. What was going on.

"Heero, I love you more than you could ever know, but if I couldn't pilot Shinigami, I wouldn't be happy. You're going to be miserable, too, and you know it. That's the only reason you're asking. Because you want to bring along some part of what you're leaving behind."

"Duo, I love you. If you can't believe that..."

"I do believe it." Duo told him, taking out the last of the enemy. "But I don't think you really want to get married right now. I think you're bringing me along as a security blanket."

"What are you saying, Maxwell?" Heero asked.

"You're scared." Duo replied.

"Let's get home you guys. You can fight when we get back."

Heero suddenly turned Gundam Wing on Shinigami. He headed straight for Duo who took off like a bat out of Hell.

"Get back here!" Heero demanded, giving chase.

"HEEEEEEEEELP!" Duo cried out as he passed the others, the continued into the distance with Heero in hot pursuit.

"When I'm through with you, you'll be aching for a month!" Heero threatened.

"Can't you wait until tonight?" Duo teased.

Trowa shook his head. "Let's go home." he told Quatre and Wufei. "Children..." he called to Duo and Heero, "we're going bye-bye now!"

At Trowa's signal, three gundams gave a cute little wave to Heero and Duo.

"Are they making fun of us, Duo?" Heero asked.

"They sure are, Heero." Duo answered. "Let's get 'em!"

Duo and Heero turned their gundams toward the other three and headed straight for them.

"Good they're not attacking each other anymore." Quatre said, sounding quite pleased with himself.

"You idiot," Wufei exclaimed. "They're attacking *us*!"

Wufei, Trowa and Quatre all got the same idea at the same time.

"Let's get outta here!" they all yelped as they took flight in the opposite direction that Duo had earlier.

 

END PART 1

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Sephiroth.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.