Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
238
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,131

Tragic Love (Part 5)

Summary:

The story continues

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

GW: Tragic Love (Part 5)


Heero bent to bestow a final kiss upon Duo's unbreathing lips, the stepped back to stand with the others at the edge of the grave. It had taken some doing since their group was meant to be top-secret, but in the end, The Powers That Be had relented and had agreed to give Duo a military funeral. Each pilot had arranged their own particular send off based upon their own traditions, and of course the traditional American 21 Gun Salute followed by a mournful "Taps", played by Heero concluded the ceremony.

Heero climbed into the car with Quatre and the others and sat in the back seat, clutching the braid fragment that was still around his wrist and weeping gently.

Wufei and Trowa held him and soothed him until the tears subsided.


A month went by with no action from either side. It seemed almost as if even the enemy were mourning the death of Duo Maxwell, as if neither side dared to dishonor the boy's memory with an act of agression.

Finally, the enemy made their move, a raid upon a small town believed to be an underground military installation.

Quatre checked his instruments and confirmed their target. "Target coming up, guys." he told them. "Let's win this one for Duo!"

A tear came to Heero's eye and he clutched Duo's braid-fragment reverently as he switched to full attack mode.

END SERIES

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Sephiroth.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.