Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 4 of Tragic Love
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
367
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,123

Tragic Love (part 4)

Summary:

The body arrived the next day in a beautiful coffin

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Tragic Love (part 4)

"He finally asleep?" Trowa asked, as Quatre dragged himself into the kitchen.

Quatre nodded, the movements seeming burdensome to him, then sank into a chair, only to be disturbed by the phone's ring. He picked it up. "Yes? No, I'm Quatre. Heero's too upset to... thank you. I will tell him. I'm sure he will appreciate it. Yes, the address is correct. We'll be home tomorrow, yes. Thank you. We deeply appreciate this. Okay. Bye." he dropped the phone into its cradle, then dropped heavily into his chair.

"That was the hotel where..." he choked. "They wanted to confirm our address so they could send..." he couldn't say anymore.

He didn't have to. Trowa and Wufei both nodded in understanding. They knew he was talking about Duo's body.

"I'm going to have a talk with Heero." Quatre told them. "Tonight, after he's rested. I want to prepare him for tomorrow. It going to be very hard for him."

There was a sudden explosion of noise and they raced to Heero's room, fearing the worst.

They were immensely relieved when they found Heero watching an old videotape of himself and Duo practicing together at a firing range. He'd saved a copy so he could use it to point out Duo's mistakes. Now he was watching them because they were all that he had left of Duo.


The body arrived the next day in a beautiful coffin which the hotel had paid for, stating how horrible they felt that their mistake had caused so much pain, along with a short segment Duo's braid, which the hotel staff had salvaged from the hot tub filter after hearing Heero going on about Duo's braid meaning a great deal to him as he apologized over and over for, in Heero's words, dessecrating the body. Heero wept as he kissed the lifeless lips which had once given him love. He was about to rest the braid-segment upon Duo's chest, when he had a better idea. Reverently, he wrapped it around his wrist.

Trowa, Quatre, and Wufei nodded approvingly at this gesture of devotion and love, and watched silently. There were no words they could say now.

end part 4

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Sephiroth.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: