Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
506
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,512

Leo's Wake-Up Call

Summary:

Rating: G
Summary: Piper's yell scares Leo, but it's not what he expects.
Disclaimer: Piper, Prue, and Phoebe Halliwell; Leo Wyatt; the Charmed Ones, and Charmed are all © & TM Spelling Television Inc. and are used without permission. Everything else is © & TM Pirate Turner. The author makes absolutely no profit whatsoever off of this story.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

Leo's Wake-Up Call
by Pirate Turner



Leo turned over in the bed and pulled the blankets that he, in his sleeping state, thought to be his wife closer to him. He snuggled against them, rubbing his face against what he thought to be her hair. He was just beginning to drift deeper into his slumber when a shrill yell shattered the silence of the Halliwell Manor.

Panicked green eyes instantly flew open at the sudden sound of his wife's voice. He was not surprised to find that what he had thought to be his beloved was only their blankets as Piper often rose before he did when he got in late from taking care of one of his charges. Intense worry gripped his heart even as he bolted from the bed, calling her name, "Piper?"

No answer came as he raced from the room and toward the bathroom where her yell had originated. Although he had expected to find Prue and Phoebe charging towards the bathroom where their sister was apparently being attacked by some kind of bathroom Demon, the White Lighter could see no signs of the other Charmed Ones. His heartbeat roared in his ears as he wondered if they had already been taken in their sleep and prayed his fear would prove to be pointless.

As he reached the bathroom door, Leo barely paused even enough to yank the door open. His eyes widened even more in surprise when he saw his wife standing before the sink, apparently unharmed though she was looking at him as if he had lost his mind. "What is it, Piper? What's wrong?" he asked, his deep concern clearly evident on his tired face as the words stumbled over one another in their effort to escape his mouth.

Piper cocked her head slightly to one side as she looked quizzically at her husband. "Why don't you tell me that?" she gently asked him. "You're the one that came barging in here."

"I heard you yell, but I don't see anything. What's wrong?"

Piper's eyebrows rose slightly in question as Leo informed her that he had heard her yell, and then it dawned on her. She smiled as she struggled to suppress the laughter that rose in her throat. "Leo, sweetheart," she finally managed to get out with a straight but smiling face, "when was the last time you sat on an unheated toilet on an early morning in the dead of Winter?"

Leo looked at her in confusion at first, but then it dawned on him as he realized that Piper had only yelled when her skin had touched the freezing porcelain of the toilet. "Oh," was all the dumbfounded White Lighter could think to say even as relief that it was nothing serious flooded his heart.

As a light pink tinged Leo's cheeks, Piper's smile brightened. "You certainly are cute when you blush," she told him as she closed the distance between them. Leaning up, she pressed her lips to his in a tender kiss.



The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.