Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
909
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
952

Surprise

Summary:

Rating: PG
Summary: Just what is Piper doing in the shower?
Disclaimer: Piper Halliwell, Leo Wyatt, Prue Halliwell, Phoebe Halliwell, Kit, Dan, and Charmed are all © & TM Spelling Television Inc.. Mary Poppins is © & TM her respective owner. The shampoo idea comes from a commercial and thereby is © & TM that product's owners. Everything else is (C) & TM Pirate Turner.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

Surprise
by Pirate Turner


Everything was quiet when they first arrived home, their arms loaded with groceries in so great an abundance that they could scarcely move. "Piper!" the oldest called from the other side of the locked front door. "Piper, open the door!" Yet no answer came.

They knew she was supposed to be home and that she had known that they would soon return from the Pic N Save, but no matter how much or how loudly they called, they could get no answer. The youngest woman furrowed her brow slightly in both frustration and worry. "You don't suppose she went out?" she asked with a glance to her oldest sister.

"Of course not, Phebs. She knew we were coming. She's here somewhere." She struggled to shift her groceries as she answered her youngest sibling, hoping to free a hand enough to be able to open the door. A loaf of bread fell out of the top of one of the bags she clung to, landing on the steps with an unexpected Smack! that brought a warning hiss.

Both sisters turned to the hiss only to find their Siamese cat. "We don't suppose you could get her attention, could you, Kit?" Phoebe tried, but the cat only looked at her before gathering his dignity and stalking off. His attitude brought a giggle from Phoebe. "Men. I swear, they're all the same!"

The other woman grinned at her sister's comment but then sighed unexpectedly. "We can't just keep hanging around out here waiting on her to show when there's no telling what's delayed her."

"You don't think she's been attacked, Prue?" Phoebe asked, all laughter instantly vanishing only to be replaced by deep concern.

Prue shook her head. "No. We'd hear something if she had, and there's not a single sound coming from in there. Cover me, Phoebe."

"What?" Phoebe started in surprise before realizing that Prue's eyes were concentrating even more sharply on the door's handle now. "Oh." She turned her head to scan the streets and backed up against her sister. "Go for it," she finally said when she was certain the coast was clear.

Under Prue's guidance, the knob unlocked and the door swung open. Both sisters hurried into the house. They reached the kitchen table just in time for their tired arms to finally give way underneath their heavy loads, sending the bags crashing the few remaining inches down to the table. Phoebe grimaced. "You check the eggs. I'll get the bread." She quickly fled the room.

When Phoebe returned within only a couple of minutes, she found her sister standing in the middle of the kitchen, telekinetically ushering the various products from within the bag to their proper places. "The eggs were fine," Prue informed Phoebe even as the loaf of bread abruptly left Phoebe's grasp and shut itself inside a cupboard.

Phoebe giggled as she turned, her eyes slowly sweeping the unique sight. "It looks like a scene straight out of Mary Poppins!" She laughed again before it dawned on her that they had still found no sign of Piper. Her face fell even as a loud moan came from the floor above. The sisters exchanged a look. "You don't think --?" Phoebe started to ask only to be cut short by another moan.

Prue shrugged. "Could be. There's only one way to find out." She had already finished putting the groceries up by this time, and the two hurriedly raced from the kitchen and up the staircase to the second floor.

"She's not in her bedroom," Phoebe observed in a quiet murmur even as their ears caught the sound of their shower's rushing water. The pleasurable moans were increasing in both loudness and frequency as they closed in on the shower. They listened to their sister, their mouths open in silent shock for it was only her voice that they could hear.

Prue was the first to reach out and knock on the door. It took three knocks before Piper finally answered. "Yes?" she groaned. "What is it?"

"Do you have a man in there?" Phoebe blurted out.

"Phoebe!" Piper sharply admonished.

"Well, do you?"

"I don't see how that can be any of your concern!" Piper's tone was hot and angry.

"But weren't you . . . ?" Phoebe insisted.

Prue stifled a sigh. She knew Phoebe would get nowhere the way she was headed. "Piper," she called to her younger sister, "I know it's none of our business, but Leo's having a fit downstairs! He keeps cussing Dan, and we only wanted to be able to reassure him that you didn't have a man in there."

"Do you mean," Piper gritted out between her teeth, "to tell me that he thinks I'm cheating on him?!"

Having quickly caught on to Prue's plan, Phoebe hurriedly responded, "Yeah! We tried to tell him otherwise, but he just won't listen to us!"

"Well, don't tell him," Piper's indignant answer came, "but it's only the shampoo!"

Both Prue and Phoebe burst into laughter at that information. Everything was silent except for their laughter for a long moment, but then the water unexpectedly stopped. Both women immediately ceased their laughter and looked at each other. "You don't think she's --?" Phoebe started to ask even as they heard footsteps rapidly approaching the door.

"I think we'd better get out of here," Prue replied, her eyes dancing mischievously as she darted for the stairs with Phoebe in hot pursuit.


The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.