Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
489
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,374

Cole's Wake-Up Call

Summary:

Rating: PG-13
Summary: In the sequel to "Leo's Wake-Up Call", it's Cole who comes running when Phoebe starts screaming.
Disclaimer: Piper and Phoebe Halliwell; Cole Turner; Leo Wyatt; the Charmed Ones, and Charmed are all © & TM Spelling Television Inc. and are used without permission. Everything else is © & TM Pirate Turner. The author makes absolutely no profit whatsoever off of this story.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

Cole's Wake-Up Call
by Pirate Turner

He tossed in his sleep, rolling from side to side and mumbling words that no human ears could make out. He reached out and clutched the empty pillow beside him to pull it to his chest and mumble a name, "Phoebe . . . " He dreamed of her, but he only thought he clutched her luscious body close to his.

A sudden yell shattered his dreams, and Cole Turner jumped up in bed. His eyes instantly flew wide, and his heart thundered as he leapt to his feet. Yet, as soon as the yell had began, it stopped. He paused and cocked his head slightly to one side, listening for some further sign of trouble, but all he could hear was the sizzling of bacon in the kitchen. Thinking that Piper must have accidentally burned herself and knowing that Leo would orb to her to take care of it if she was hurt, Cole shrugged and returned to bed.

He had no sooner closed his eyes and began to drift back to sleep when sudden screams again shattered his dream. This time, they did not stop, and he recognized the voice immediately as belonging to Phoebe. He leapt once more to his feet, and this time he did not stop running until he reached the bathroom. Just as his hand grasped the door knob, Phoebe screamed, "I'M GONNA KILL YOU, PIPER!"

Cole's eyes flew even wider in shock at his beloved's exclamation, but when he threw open the door and barged inside, he stopped dead in his tracks in disbelief. Phoebe was taking a shower, and nothing at all seemed to be wrong. "Phoebe?" he asked, concern etched in his voice.

"Sweetheart, shut that door," she told him. "I'm already about to freeze in here thanks to the porcelain and Piper's running hot water in the kitchen!" Cole had barely had time to begin to register her words when she again yelped and screamed at her older sister, "PIPER, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HECK YOU'RE DOING IN THERE, BUT CAN'T IT WAIT?! ALL THE HOT WATER'S GOING TO THE KITCHEN EVERY TIME YOU TURN IT ON, AND I'M FREEZING MY BUTT OFF BACK HERE!"

Shaking his head, Cole retraced his steps and pulled the bathroom door closed. A sigh came from the shower stall, and then Phoebe yelled again, "THANK YOU! I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I'M OUT!" Then, to Cole, she added, "Now, baby, what is it?"

"Nothing," he told her. "I'm just relieved you're all right."

"Why wouldn't I be?" she asked him.

He sighed as he realized that he had fallen for almost the same thing Leo had warned him of. "Don't ask, sweetheart," he pleaded with her, still shaking his head. "Just don't ask."

"Okay," she agreed. "I won't ask, but how about joining me?" Cole's frown was instantly replaced by a grin as he swiftly began to undress.


The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.