Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-04-21
Words:
536
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
17
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,115

The Pact

Summary:

"NO! NOT AGAIN!" Duo screamed as he ran toward the blazing hideout. 

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

 

The Pact
by Sephiroth

(part 1)

"NO! NOT AGAIN!" Duo screamed as he ran toward the blazing hideout.  He ran faster and faster, the smoke choking him as he ran toward the flames.

Somewhere inside, a gaspipe broke. A moment later, the building exploded, throwing debris everywhere and and sending Duo flying backwards several yards.

 

Not far away, Heero suddenly stopped as he felt a piece of his soul suddenly scream in pain.

"Duo." he realized. He'd been ordered to evacuate the hideout and blow it up, and he'd done exactly that. Only, Duo hadn't been there. He hadn't had time to look for him, and as long as he was away, he wouldn't be in danger.

Now, as he raced back, his mind kept playing the same scene in his head, over and over, Duo running into the burning building, trying to make sure he didn't lose his fellow pilots, searching for them, unaware that they were safely elsewhere, then dying himself, in the explosion.

Then he saw Duo lying there, unmoving, amidst the debris. He landed Gundam Wing and raced for Duo on foot.

As he reached Duo, he felt a sudden tingling all over his body. A moment later, he blacked out.


He woke in a cell alongside Duo sometime later. Duo was unconscious, still, and Heero could see blood on his neck. He moved closer, then saw it wasn't blood after all. It was a small blood red mark. One of several which together formed a digger-shape upon Duo's neck.

Outside, he could hear someone, presumably their captor, speaking excitedly to someone on the phone.  He couldn't hear much, but one word he did hear, very clearly.

"Taarakian."

(to be continued.)