Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 4 of Henri Loves David
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
880
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,631

David Sandburg E.M.T.

Summary:

Archive: Yes please.
Fandom: The Sentinel
Pairing: Henri/David
Rating: PG-13
Catagory: Romance, post TSbBS
Sequel/Series: Fourth in the 'Henri Loves David' Series. Sequel to: David Sandburg (1), A Date with David Sandburg (2), Spying on David Sandburg (3).
Story Notes: This short story takes place after TSbBS and assumes that Blair is a Detective in Major Crimes and is in a commited relationship with Jim. This series is inspired by pictures of actor GM with short hair. Those pictures are what gave birth to David Sandburg, Blair's cousin from Boston, whom Henri Brown falls in love with.
Disclaimer: All things Sentinel belong to Pet Fly Productions and no infringment is intended. David Sandburg is mine, even though my Henri Brown Muse still insists that David is *his*. Slash muses,... there's just no arguing with them.
Warning: m/m, no sex. Aftermath of violence. Sandburg worship.
Summary: In the aftermath of a hostage situation, Henri gets to see David in action saving a life... 

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

David Sandburg, E.M.T.
by Scorpio

The barely controlled chaos that erupted around him was a welcome relief. It was a sure sign that the bank robbers who had taken hostages when their heist went wrong were currently in the hands of the Cascade Police. Now, it was all about helping the victims and sorting through the evidence. Unfortunately, sometimes that was more difficult than others. This was one of those times.

One of the would be bank robbers had panicked during the siege. In his wild attempts to scare off the police, he had shot one of the banks customers. The accidental injury or death of innocent people was one of the hardest things to deal with when you were a cop.

As soon as Detective Henri Brown had secured his prisoner in the back of a black & white, he rushed back to the bank to see if he could help his co-worker, Detective Jim Ellison. Jim had been trained as a medic by the U.S. Army and he had made a bee-line to the fallen man as soon as the bank robbers had been apprehended. The last Henri had seen, he was applying pressure to the wound and waiting for the ambulance.

As he was dashing back towards the large brick and glass bank, an ambulance from Cascade General came flying onto the scene. The big emergency van had on it's lights and sirens and it pulled up to the very edge of the bank's front steps. Henri ran up the steps and braced open the doors so the E.M.T.'s could get themselves and their equipment in.

Hearing them come up the steps behind him, he turned to give them directions to the gun-shot victim.

"We have one bystander down. Gun-shot to the lower abdomen. Through these doors and then back by the office desks past the front counter."

"Thanks. We're on it."

Henri nodded and was about to follow when an unexpected sight brought him up short. David Sandburg was one of the three E.M.T.'s on scene.

Henri had known that David moved to Cascade recently, just as he had known that he was employed as an Emergency Medical Technician for Cascade General. However, his mind had never quite made the connection until just now. It had never occurred to him that their professional lives might cross paths. Now, here he was, watching as the bright and beautiful man he had grown to need in his life squatted down next to a person whose life was bleeding out onto fine terra-cotta tiles.

The first thing to register past his initial shock, was that David looked damn fine. His uniform was crisp and it fitted his toned form admirably. His soft curls caught the light and his face was flush with excitement. He was, in Henri's humble opinion, beautiful.

It was then that the events surrounding him came back into focus. The ugliness and harshness of the situation slammed into him harder than before. The sheer violence that had happened here washed over him. An innocent man had been shot. And now that man's life rested in the hands of his beloved.

Henri felt an irrational desire to grab David and take him away from this place. To bundle him up in cotton. To protect him from the cruel nature of life in the city. He felt that the wonderful, amazing and generous man before him should never have to face such horror. Idly, he wondered how Jim managed to work alongside Blair every day. How did the big cop keep himself from locking Blair in a protective cocoon?

Then he listened to what was being said. The fast paced, life and death decisions. The quick, sure responses. The steady hands and the gentle demeanor. David was not just doing okay, he was doing great. The E.M.T.'s had gotten the victim stable enough to move and were loading him onto the stretcher. David was saving a life.

Henri stayed in the background watching silently as they wheeled the man out of the bank and then quickly loaded him into the ambulance. Then, as they were pulling away in a blaze of flashing lights and wailing sirens, a new feeling grew in him. Pride.

A gentle and slightly awed smile spread across his face. He was so very proud of David. He was a good man with a difficult job. But he had done great, and had saved the life of an innocent man. He had gone into battle, not against thieves or drug dealers, but against death itself. And he had emerged victorious. David was,... a hero.

A soft touch against his shoulder pulled him from his thoughts. Turning, he found himself grinning widely into the faces of Jim and Blair.

"Did you see my man David? Wasn't he great? Saving lives and kicking deaths butt up on outta here. I should figure out a suitable reward for such greatness, huh?"

Walking away to try and decide which restaurant he should invite David out to, Henri didn't hear Jim muttering at his back, "...first it's the Sandburg Love Spell, now it's all out Sandburg Hero Worship. Doomed I tell you, doomed..."

 

END
David Sandburg, E.M.T.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Scorpio.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: