Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
599
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,824

Colby's Story

Summary:

Website: n/a
Permission to archive: sure
Fandom(s): Numb3rs
Genre (general, hetero or slash) Slash
Pairing/Characters: Colby/Charlie
Rating: pg 13
Summary: My take on what shoulda happened in the episode MOLE
Warnings: THIS IS SLASH

Work Text:

 

 

Colby's Story
by Jewelsbaby
Rgreeneyes@aol.com




MARINA DOCK

Colby was standing there looking at his buddy Dwayne.. Don Megan and David were in the Marina bay listening. "Come on Dwayne you can't win this time." Colby said.

"Colby are you trying to help them?" Dwayne asked.

"I am helping them Dwayne." Colby said pulling his over shirt up revealing the wire. Next thing Colby knew his side felt like it was on fire. " COLBY!!!" Someone that sounded like Megan screamed.

"Charlie." Colby said faintly.

"I'll call him and he'll meet you at the hospital buddy." David said holding Colby steady so he wouldn't move. Don was standing back watching David and Megan hover over Colby. Colby had tried to help someone he thought he owed. And he felt real bad about taking Colby off the case but he had to. He watched as the stretcher was rolled past him with a semi conscience Colby on it and David following behind it. "He wants Charlie. Want me to call him?" Megan asked softly.

"No I'll go tell him. He's doing a class for Larry." Don said.

"Ok." Megan said and walked off.


CAL SCI
CHARLIE'S OFFICE


Charlie came into the office and found Don and David sitting on the couch. "Hey. You get Dwayne?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah. Listen there was an accident. When we went to get him we set Colby up with a wire." Don said.

"How's Colby?" Charlie asked about his lover.

"Charlie Dwayne shot him in the side. He's Palm Memorial. He was asking for you when we were loading him in the ambulance." David said.

Charlie stopped writing and looked up at the 2 agents. "Let's go. I need to go check on him." Charlie said grabbing his bag and going for his office door when Alan and Megan assisted a pale looking Colby into the door way.

"He wouldn't stay at the hospital. Signed out AMA." Alan said.

"Here sit down in the chair." Don said getting up.

Alan and Megan got Colby sitting down. "Why don't we give them sometime." Megan said to David and Don.

The 4 of them left the office and Colby stared at Charlie. "Am I in big trouble?" He asked.

"No. But why would you get yourself shot?" Charlie asked.

"I wanted to prove to Don that I was still trust worthy. I guess me putting my life on the line worked. Somewhat." Colby said.

Charlie squatted in front of him. "If it didn't Don was always dense.. You did the right thing." Charlie said kissing his hand that he was holding.

"Thank you." Colby said his voice a little wobbly... Charlie smiled.


EPPES HOUSE
7: PM


Don Alan Charlie David Megan and Colby were all in the living room. Charlie was sitting on the arm of the chair Colby was sitting in. "Reason I did what I did Don was this." Colby said pulling his t shirt sleeve up to reveal a scar going around his arm.

"We were in a war fight when this piece of hot metal landed on my arm. Dwayne pulled it off of me. If he hadn't I wouldn't be here." Colby said.

"I'm sorry. I guess I didn't think." Don said.

"It's ok. Hard to trust someone when they didn't tell you something." Colby said.

Charlie rubbed Colby's shoulders and kissed his head. "You did you're best." He told him.

"Yeah man. Don't sweat it." David said.

"I think a toast is in order." Alan said. Everyone raised their drinks.

"To Dwayne for saving Colby's life. And to Colby for his time in Afghanistan." Alan said,

"Here here." Everyone said and clinked their glasses.


END