Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2004-08-15
Words:
3,442
Chapters:
3/3
Kudos:
13
Hits:
2,033

Holidays

Summary:

Isaac Mentor had gathered his team to announce to them the great news: Everyone will be leaving NNL to have some holidays, each on their own terms
Note: Be indulgent, I don't speak english as a native language so it was a bit hard for me but I got a great help from Aoife and Ainsling. Thanks you very much, girls!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Holidays
by Mimine

 

chapter 1

Isaac Mentor had gathered his team to announce to them the great news: Everyone will be leaving NNL to have some holidays, each on their own terms. As soon as they were told that, surprised looks appeared on their faces.

"What will we do if a backstep is necessary?" Asked John Ballard, taking the lollipop out of his mouth.

"And Parker? He'll never come back!" Said Nate Ramsey.

"Well, lady," said the old man looking at Olga, "gentlemen, I think we all deserve some vacancy. If a backstep is needed, then we'll come back here. The panel knows about it, they'll send us private jets. And, Nate, I trust Frank. Isn't everyone happy to go on holiday?" He added excitedly.

"Um, Sir, I don't want to go on holidays. Is it okay if I stay here?" Asked Olga, embarrassed and blushing.

"If she stays, I stay!" Add Parker in second, under her best 'don't-you-dare-do-such-a-thing' look.

"I don't object. The ones who want to stay can. The others, go to a paradisiacal island or to Greenland, I don't care, you're free." With that he exited the room and left them thinking of their future holidays.

Frank talked with his colleagues; nobody, except him and Olga would be staying in Never-Never-Land, not even the security guards! It'll be two weeks of only him and Olga. He was looking forward it!

He entered Donovan's room, he was already packing his bag. He didn't notice Frank's presence, until he started speaking.

"So, where will you go?"

"Visit my family. I miss them."

"Good. Tell them 'hello' from me."

"Will do. And you, you're still staying here?" Donovan asked him, amused. "I thought you wanted more freedom. Now you get it, you don't even dare take it!"

"It's not freedom that I'm looking for in these next weeks, it's Olga's heart!" He said smiling.

"Don't dream too much Frank. I think she's planning to lock herself in her quarters!"

"I don't think she'll be able to resist not seeing me for more than a day?" he laughed, leaving the room.

Olga and Ballard had been working since the beginning of the afternoon on the sphere, and neither of them had talked yet about the vacancy, but John couldn't wait any longer to ask her.

"So you're planning to spend your only two weeks of holidays here with Parker? Lollipop?" He said offering one of his.

"It's more like Mr Parker is planning to spend his holidays with me." She smiled.

"So you're not mad about it?"

"No, it'll be a good chance to get to know him better. He can be such a gentleman!"

"Are you falling for him?"

"No, no, no at all," she said blushing madly, "it's just that he's ...."

"Very handsome." He cut in, making them both burst out laughing.

"So, where will you go?"

"You can't guess?"

"Um, a hot island, with beautiful women in coconut bras?" She asked coyly.

"You're right dear!" And they laughed again.

Ramsey stayed in the briefing room after everyone else left. He was wondering what was going through Mentor's head. How could he trust the little toad Frank Parker? He was going to leave and never come back. Plus he'd divulge all that he knows about NNL and the time travel program.

"Sir, I really don't think that it's a good idea?" he started.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, well, you know Parker, he's not reliable! He's an alcoholic; a fighter."

"Sir, I think you also know that Olga will stay with him?"

"You mean that he'll stay with her?"

"Doesn't matter. She'll take care of him, watch him and alert us if it's necessary."

"If he doesn't rape her or kill her."

"Sir, I think those remarks are more than unwelcome. Frank certainly wants Olga in his bed, but she means too much to him for him to hurt her. He'd never do such a thing, even when drunk. You understand me?" He asked angrily.

"Are you saying that he's in love with her? Only a human can have those kinds of feelings. Parker's not one!"

"Parker's certainly more human than you!" With that, he stood up and opened the door to order his colleague out.

The next evening Olga and Frank watched their friends leave. They went with them outside, said their goodbyes. After all the cars had vanished, they re-entered the building, Frank's arm around Olga's shoulder. When they were at her door, she, blushing slightly, asked him to come to have dinner with her. He was in so much bliss that he nearly forgot to answer her.

 

TBC