Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
500
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,029

The Gunner

Summary:

Rating: G
Summary: Cable gets an unwelcomed surprise while cleaning his guns.
Disclaimer: Morph, Nathan "Cable" Summers, the X-Men, and all other recognizable characters mentioned within are © & TM Marvel comics and are used without permission. Celina "Pantheria" Lewis is © & TM Pirate Turner and may not be used without permission. Everything else is © & TM the author, Pirate Turner. The author makes absolutely no profit whatsoever off of this story, and it is for entertainment purposes only.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

The Gunner
by
Pirate Turner


Cable released a tired yawn as he picked up his huge gun and began to shine it. He had had a busy day, and between his dealings with Domino's temper, X-Force's training, and the Mutant Liberation Force, he was thoroughly exhausted. All he wanted to do was clean his weaponry and then retire for the night. As he sat on his bed, cleaning his gun, his eyelids began to slide slowly shut. Despite his stubborn efforts to keep his eyes open, they finally shut.

Just as he started to doze, he felt a strange movement from his hands as if he was shifting his gun. Knowing he wasn't, he snapped back to alert only to see a human head protruding from his gun. His blue eyes grew wide, and he let the gun fall out of his hands with a loud Clank as it hit the floor. As Cable stared down at it, what he had thought was his gun took on a more human shape.

In only a matter of seconds, Morph lay, looking up at him and grinning, but his grin vanished at the fury that flashed in Cable's eyes. Morph leapt to his feet and raced away before Cable could catch him, but Cable angrily followed Morph straight to his bedroom. He rapped loudly on the closed door.

A moment later, a catwoman came out of the room, bringing the door shut behind her and keeping her hand on the knob behind her back. She calmly raised her head so that her blue eyes met Cable's. When she spoke, her question was calm and innocent, and her lips were turned up in a gentle smile. "May I help you, Cable?"

"I'm here for Morph," Cable growled out between his clenched teeth.

"I'm sorry, but he's already asleep. Purrhaps you can come back tomorrow?" Celina Lewis suggested, her entire being still radiating nothing but perfect calmness.

Cable couldn't suppress a huge yawn. He nodded. "I'll get him in the morning," he said, more to himself than to Celina. He knew Morph wasn't asleep, but he also knew that his telepathy could not overpower the alien's brilliant mind. Further more, he was simply too exhausted to attempt to work his way pass the warrioress.

He left, and Celina returned to the bedroom she shared with her husband. She closed the door behind her. Her blue eyes zeroed in on Morph, and she raised a single eyebrow in suspicion. "You didn't pull a prank on Cable, did you, dear?" she purred out.

"Of course I did, Love Kitten," Morph admitted with a grin that his wife soon joined in on. "I wouldn't want him to feel left out now, would I?" He motioned for Celina to join him on the bed, and once she lay, looking up into his brown eyes, he told her about the prank he had just pulled. Celina laughed so hard that she nearly fell off of their bed!

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.