Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of Father's and Son's
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
683
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,280

Color

Summary:

"He's Green."

Work Text:

Disclaimer: I do not now nor have I ever owned the characters from Queer as Folk they belong to their respective owners Russell T. Davies, Ron Cowen and Daniel Lipman, Showtime.

 

~*~

 

"He's Green..."

The Brunet couldn't believe it when he walked into the loft. He'd come home from a hard day at work to relax and play with their kid. Only to find their son all...

"Green... our kid is Green." He couldn't stop repeating it.

The six month old baby boy was sitting sans clothing on top of a large stretch canvas. Even the boy's diaper was colored in green! What the hell... the kid was content flexing his fingers open and shut. The closer Gus got to his son the more green was revealed. His tiny arms and legs were spotted a lemon green, the balls of his feet were a darkish Green. The boy's floppy hair was highlighted with bits of Grass Green, and Candy Apply Green. Even his cheeks were spotted with some weird greenish blue color.

"Dalton what the hell have you done to our son..." he muttered.

At his Dada's voice the baby boy looked up and smiled a gummy smile.

"Hey, Sonny boy... what did that psycho do to you huh?"

Carefully pulling off his jacket and throwing it across the sofa he knelt by the edge of the canvas. He's shoes had long since been abandoned by the door along with his socks. Gus pulled off the white cotton shirt off and threw it behind him. He lightly poked at the kids tummy. Also Green.

"Ok little guy lets get you into the bath before... oh shit..." The blond had the decency to blush at the scene before him. "Hey love, when did you get home?"

"Two minutes ago..." Gus replies crossing his arms over his broad chest. " So..."

"So..." The blonds face was flushed with embarrassment.

"You wanna explain the human art project?" Gus indicated pointing at their son.

"No," he replied as Gus plucked their very green son off of the floor and held him at arms length. The kid kicked his legs happily babbling away.

“This stuff does come out right?” Gus eyed the kids back with concern.

“I’m not a total idiot, and yes before you ask it’s non-toxic.”

“Oh good, cause for a minute there I’d thought you’d lost your damn mind.”

The two young men had by this time moved into the bathroom. The infant tub was filling with warm water, and both had stripped down to their briefs.

“Its for school ok, thought it would be easier if we did a little father son project.”

“And this means turning him into some Swamp thing?”

“Gus it does wash off,”

“It’d better,” Gus shook his head and smiled at his boyfriend. He couldn’t fault him for wanting to do something special today.

“It will,” The blond promised as he leaned over and pressed a soft sweet lingering kiss to his boyfriends lips. The small smack against his face from their ‘swamp thing’ effectively broke their kiss.

Gus and Dalton looked down at their smiling son.

“Naah naaaah..”

“Looks like he decided to make some art of his own.” Gus laughed at the small hand print left on Dalton’s left cheek.

“That’s my little artist.” The blond chuckles as he turns to stop the running water,

“Huh...”

“What is it?”

The kid screeches in protest when Gus pulls the back of his pamper away. “Well... there’s another green.”

“What?”

“Its in the diaper.” He holds out the boy to the blond.

“Aww man... its your turn you know.”

“No way, I did it at lunch,”

“That doesn’t count he wasn’t full of crap than!”

“Man up dude,”

“Don’t call me dude.”

"I'll give you five bucks to change him,"

"No..."

"Ten,"

"Get real."

“Odds and Evens?”

“All right...”

The kid looked back and forth between his dad's, a delicate brow raised in amusement.

“...”

"..."

“Not fair!”

After that day Dalton doesn’t like the color Green so much.

 

Series this work belongs to: