Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of First Impressions , Part 1 of First Impressions
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2008-03-03
Words:
399
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,454

I. (ST: DS9)

Summary:

First meetings and first impressions... (part of a series)

Work Text:

Ah, there he is. Looks very young to be a medical doctor on this station. Let’s see what he’s made of.

I walk around him, making sure to pass him as close as possible and he reacts very nicely.

I guess my reputation precedes me.

My he’s fun. Totally flustered and out of his depth but trying to be suave. Totally failing of course and he knows it.

I keep the tone of conversation light but he seems to react to my not-so-subtle innuendo. The bad, scary spy is flirting with him and he doesn’t know what to do.

This is really delightful and fun. To have such an interesting young man to bait.

I rise and he relaxes, probably thinking to have survived me.

Wrong, Doctor.

I step behind him and slide a hand onto his shoulder. He stiffens in surprise and I wish I could see his face in this moment. He feels good beneath my fingers and I can’t help it. I put my other hand onto his other shoulder deliberately slowly, feeling him jump again, while I deliver my parting shot:

“I’m so glad to have made such an interesting new friend today.”

Then I slip away. This going to be fun.

*

This tea is very good. Seems like my stay here won’t be as dismal as I thought. But who is passing behind me? Oh, it’s the spy. The Cardassian.

Now he’s introducing himself to me. Sitting down.

And…and smiling.

Get a hold of yourself, Bashir. This might be the most dangerous man on this station and you’re behaving like a 16-year old with a crush.

There, that was better. If only this stupid plant wouldn’t get in the way.

Wait, what? “Intimate”? Why is it suddenly so hot in here?

Oh, good, he’s leaving. Phew.

Crap. I… He… His hand’s on my shoulder and I can’t think. I can feel the difference of his skin through the thin material of the uniform, but it isn’t unpleasant.

He puts his other hand down, too, and I’m pretty sure the feeling in my gut and chest is fear and not… not arousal.

I swallow hard, thankfully he can’t see my face right now.

My blood is rushing in my ear; I have no clue what he’s saying. All I can here is the cadence of his voice.

Then he squeezes gently and is gone.

Series this work belongs to: