Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Birthday Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
272
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,465

Three Little Words

Summary:

It was just another day

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The day had been like any other day.  Petty fights in the morning as they packed up the car.  Flirting with the waitress over breakfast.  Research.  Hunting the spirit.  Salt and burn. Then finishing it off with a few beers, hustling up some cash at the local bar and back to the hotel room to crash.

 

Except the day wasn't like any other day.

 

Dean looked over at his brother resting peacefully for once on the other bed.  The past year had been rough on them; the hunts, losing dad, facing the fears about Sammy's abilities, and the fact the demon was still out there.  And he was truly happy to see his baby brother resting; he needed it.

 

Dean sighed as he quietly dug through his bag and pulled out a small package.  It had become a tradition for him.  A day, a time, to reflect on the past remembering the good and the bad.  He tried, but couldn't remember the last time he had actually heard those three simple little words directed at him from someone who cared about him.

 

He pulled out the small bakery item with a sad smile on his face.  He closed his eyes and tried to think back to a time when this day had meant something special to someone.  The clear image of his mother’s smiling face appeared in his mind.  

 

Dean opened his eyes and lit the small candle that was on top of the Hostess Cupcake. "Happy Birthday, Dean."

 

He blew out the candle and ignored the tear that slid down his cheek on a day that was just like any other.

 

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Bj Jones.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: