Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-08-11
Words:
2,827
Chapters:
4/4
Kudos:
19
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
3,721

A Future Made

Summary:

Minerva convinces Albus not to leave Harry at the Dursley’s and instead she raises him at Hogwarts

Chapter 1: Prologue

Chapter Text

Title: A Future Made
Author: Immortal Aussie
Email: Harry Potter
Rating: FRT
Summary: Minerva convinces Albus not to leave Harry at the Dursley’s and instead she raises him at Hogwarts
Warnings: Mention of character deaths
Author Notes: Yes I know, there are heaps out there but I love this sort of fic so I decided to do my own version of it
Challenge: movie prompts on Minerva McGonagall/Albus Dumbledore and Harry Potter

Prologue

Minerva was devastated. The rumours were true, just that night her two favourite students Lily Evans-Potter and James Potter had been murdered by You-Know-Who while their son Harry, her god-son had survived.

Albus had collected Harry from the ruins of Godric Hollow’s last night and had brought him to Hogwarts to be assessed by Poppy. While she was waiting to see her little lion Minerva had overheard Albus telling Poppy that he was going to leave little Harry with his aunt and uncle in Surrey hence why she was sitting on the wall outside their house in her cat form waiting for Albus to arrive.

Finally she saw Albus appear around the corner of Privet Drive though he didn’t have Harry with him. She felt a bit of hope flare inside her at the thought that he was going to make sure that Harry would have a good life with his relatives except that hope was squashed. When she had transformed back into her human form he told her that Hagrid was bring Harry to his knew life.

Once Hagrid had left them she turned to Albus, not caring if anyone heard her and yelled “A LETTER! YOU ARE GOING TO JUST LEAVE HIM HERE WITH A LETTER WITHOUT CHECKING ON WHAT THE DURSLEY’S ARE LIKE? I’VE BEEN HERE ALL DAY AND THEY ARE HORRIBLE. DID YOU FORGET THAT PETUNIA WOULD HIT LILY ALL THE HOLIDAY’S SHE WENT HOME FOR? SHE HATES MAJIC! I WON’T ALLOW YOU TO LEAVE MY LITTLE LION HERE!” while inside she was calling Albus a whole lot of horrible names.

Albus visibly flinched at her tone. He had learnt long ago not to cross Minerva McGonagall when she was angry and at that moment she was furious. “Minerva it won’t do us any good while you’re mad. I know that your Harry’s godmother and want to raise him but it is for the best that Petunia and her husband raise Harry. I know that Lily and Petunia didn’t get along well but Harry will be protected here. The blood wards will make sure of that.”

Minerva frowned at the mention of blood wards. She knew something was off, something to do with something that Lily had told her years ago, she just couldn’t remember what it was. Albus was turning to go when she shouted, “That’s it!”

Surprised Albus turned back to her and asked “What is it Minerva? We really should get going.”

“The blood wards. They won’t work. At the end of Lily’s third year she told me she was adopted. She and Petunia aren’t related by blood.” Albus looked shocked at that and opened his mouth to ask her something but Minerva continued cutting him off. “She doesn’t know who her real parents are. According to the Evans the orphanage found her on the doorstep wrapped in a blanket with no note or anything.”

Minerva couldn’t help but look smug. It was looking like she would get to raise Harry after all. Albus sighed and picked Harry up off the doorstep looking at him like he had no idea what to do. “We might as well go back to Hogwarts until I figure out what to do with Harry. He has to go somewhere safe but just where is safe enough?”

“Hogwarts. Let him stay at there, he’ll be safe enough,” Minerva was practically pleading with him now.

Albus looked at her and sighed, “I suppose he can stay for awhile and until we can find another…” he trailed off at Minerva’s disapproving look. “He can stay,” he quickly said changing his mind. he didn’t want to get on her bad side after all. On their way to Hogwarts, Minerva had a noticeable bounce to her step. She was giddy with excitement. She could raise Harry like she wanted to, she had always loved him as her own grandchild, Lily had been like a daughter to her, she had always wanted a family and now she had the chance to have one.