Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of The Truth Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,462
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,972

Justice and Truth

Summary:

Archive:If you want it its okay
Pairing:Cupid/Strife
Part 2 of theTruth Series
Feedback:Sure, please?
Summary:Zeus and Hera decide that Psyche needs punished, but someone beats them to it.
As always I own nothing.

Work Text:

 


Justice and Truth
by Calidragon
caliadragon@yahoo.com



Zeus looked down at Cupid as he began to nurse his greatgrandson. Rage filled him. He turned to Hera and could see it burning in her eyes as well. As one they flashed from the temple. the reappeared in the House of War. "Ares! Aphrodite!" Zeus bellowed.

They appeared with twin looks of irritation on their faces. "I was in the middle of something! What?!" Ares demanded.

Dite glared at them as well.

"We are here about Cupid and Bliss." Hera said calmly.

Irritation turned to concern. "What's happened? Where are they?" They demanded as one.

Dite shifted from foot to foot and sent her power out to her son. She gasped in shock when she felt her son feeding his. She looked at Hera in confussion. "Momma why is Cupie breast feeding Bliss?"

Ares gaped at her in shock. "HE"S WHAT?!" Ares bellow reverberated through the temple.

Both Eris and Strife appeared. They wanted to know what caused Ares to sound so shocked and outraged. Hera sighed and materialized a chair for her emotional child. She pushed him into it as he stared at her in mute shock.

I had to bite my lip to keep from gigglin at the look on Unc's face. I knew somethin was wrong though cause Dite looked as though she'd been bitch slapped.

"What happened to Psyche?"

I had to bite back my response to that! Bitch! I hated her. She had my Cupie. I know he's not really mine. Tarturus he don't even know how I feel. He can't even stand ta be around me for more'n five minutes. "Psyche has taken a potion to dry up her milk and remove any evidence that she ever bore a child. She has finally revealed the true her to Cupid." I frowned. What about Bliss?

"What about Bliss?" I jerked in suprise as Unc echoed my question.

Hera sighed and closed her eyes for a momment. "Psyche told Cupid she doesn't care one way or another. As far as she is concerned he can starve to death. She only had Bliss to tighten the marriage bonds with Cupid. The stupid girl never realized by admiting that I had the right to revoke her godhood and remove any godly protection from her."

Finally! I shouted in my mind. I left before they could say anymore.

I reappeared in Cupid's temple and began to search out the bitch. She would pay for what she had done to me and to Cupid and Bliss. Yeah I resent her. Did I tell ya she made a move on my Uncle Apollo on thier dedication day. Pol was disgusted. Like everone he loves Cupe. He also knows I do. I got drunk on their wedding night with 'im and the Muses and blurted it out. He didn't laugh. He told me ta be patient that some day she wouldn't be in the picture.

The next week she announces she's pregnant. Even Pol was shocked. We all lost hope that things would be over between them. The worst part though was that everone, but the Muses, Pol and Me loved her. I only spoke bad of er once. She told Zeus I made a pass and threatened her. He beat the livin' shit outta me and placed a protective barrier around her. Now it was my turn to cause a little pain.

Psyche scowled when she couldn't flash away. She looked around her in confusion.

"Goin' somewhere bitch?"

She spun to face Strife. Still not realizing the danger she was in she sneered. "What are you doing here freak? Do you enjoy being beaten by Zeus?" She shifted when she saw the look in his eyes.

He smiled and walked over to her.

Afraid suddenly she began to walk away.

Strife's smile widened. He stalked her until she was trapped against the wall.

She gasped as he slammed both hands down on either side of her head. "If you touch me Zeus will kill you." she stuttered.

"Wrong! They know what you did to My Honey and his baby."

she turned scornful. "Your honey? He's my husband."

"Wrong again Bitch! Hera overturned your marriage, yer mortal again and no longer under any gods protection. That makes ya mine."

Psyche screamed as her grabbed her by the throat and flashed away.

Zeus scowled as he lost contact with Psyche's signature. He frowned as he lost Strife as well. "Where is the bitch, I'll teach her a lesson in family loyalty."

Ares growled. "She's gone."
Hera frowned at him. "Gone, gone where?"

Dite snarled. "I don't know, but Strife is with her."

They all looked at Eris in suprise when she began to howl with laughter.

"Eris what is so funny?" Zeus snapped.

She stopped laughing and glared at her father. "Strife heard you say that you removed your protection. If I know my little boy Psycho will be begging for death soon." She smiled with cold pleaasure.

Hera frowned at her daughter. "Why would Strife care anything about her?"

"He's in love with Cupid. Not to mention her lies about Strife and Dad beating the crap out of him." Eris snapped in reply, glaring at the four gods.

"Strife loves Cupid?" Dite asked with a shout.

"Yeah, what of it?" Eris growled. "Cupie loves him! He's loved him like forever. He only married Psyche cause he thinks
Strife doesn't like him."

The gods all groaned.

"They're soul mates." They all looked at Hera in suprise.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Ares asked in shock. This day was getting to be to much. His son and his nephew. Ares shook his head in disbelief. "I was going to, but Cupid brought Psyche home. You know very well that Strife was to unstable to marry before all of this. Now he's stronger and better able to handle things."

"We have to find away to get those two together." Eris said quietly. They all blinked at Discord in shock. She glared at them defiantly.

I flashed myself back into my rooms in Unc's temple and decided a bath was in order. Psyche was dead. I made sure she suffered for all of it. All the pain she had caused I gave her in return til she was beggin for death. I was glad, but scared too. What would I say to Cupe? Would he hate me? Shit what did it matter I couldn't let her get away with what she had done to us. She wanted her own baby ta die. A baby that should a been mine. I sighed and lowered myself into the water and began to was way the filth. Yeah I coulda flashed it away, but I like water. After a while the water ran clean and I settled back to relax. I was about to close my eyes when I was suddenly transporting. I looked around in shock when I stopped moving. There was a gasp of suprise from the crowd.

"Fuck! Who knew he was that hot?"

I flushed at Hermes exclamation and quickly clothed myself. To my suprise there where actually exclamations of protest. I turned to look at the twelve. I noticed then that Cupid was standing a few feet away staring in slack jawed silence. I frowned at him in confusion.

"Strife."

I turned back to Zeus and gulped. I admit it the old goat scares the shit outta me.

"You have been brought here to report on the status and place of the traitor Psyche. Where is she?" Hera asked.

I straightened and avoided looking at Cupid. "I sent the bitch to Hades!" I snarled defiantly.

"Why? and don't try to lie. Just the truth."

I blinked. "She tried to kill Bliss, if Cupid hadn't come home wen he did he neve woulda known bout the potion. Bliss woulda died. Plus she used Cupid. I hated the bitch."

Hera nodded. "Cupid step forward." Hera suddenly ordered.

Cupid stepped up beside me and I gulped.

She stepped over to us and grabbed our arms where they brushed against one another. "Hold your arms out and together." she
ordered.

We did as she told us in confusion. Suddenly before we could act she twined marriage cords around our wrists and said, "Let it be witnessed before all that from this moment on Cupid God of Love and Strife God of Mischief and Vengance are soul bonded in marriage for eternity or until death."

Then to my shock the twine melted into our skin and disappeared. Cupid and I could only stare at each other in shock.


end

Series this work belongs to: