Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Bad Girls
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,413
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,455

Some Things Bosses Just Don't Need to Know

Summary:

Characters: Kate/Abby
Prompt: 076 Weight
Word Count: 1401
Rating: Teen
Summary: Drunk-dialing.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:



Some Things Bosses Just Don't Need to Know
by Rainne


It was a groggy voice that answered the phone around four a.m. on a particular Sunday morning. "Yeah. Gibbs."

"Hey, Gibbsh!"

"Kate?"

"Hey, yeah! ‘S Kate! Hi, Gibbsh!"

"Kate!" came another voice through the phone. "Didja get him? He might be asleep!"

"No, he'sh awake. I know, ‘cause I'm talkin' to him." Sounds of a scuffle came through the phone, and Kate yelped.

"Hi, Gibbsh!"

"Abby? It's four in the morning. What the hell do the two of you want?"

"We're zhrunk!"

He almost laughed. "Yeah, I can tell that, Abby."

"No, no, no! I mean it! Really, really - Kate! Hey, Kate! Why are you layin' on the ground?"

"Coz the air's too heavy," Gibbs heard Kate's muffled voice say. "I can't hold it up no more."

"Yeah but you're gonna get snow in yer drawers."

Gibbs blinked. "Abby, where are you?"

"Uh." There was a pause. "I dunno. Hey, Kate! Where are we? Gibbsh wantsa know."

"Garfield Park!" Kate announced, sounding triumphant. "I think," she added, sounding a little more dubious.

Oh, Christ. "What the hell are you two doing in Garfield Park?" he demanded, taking the basement stairs two at a time and grabbing his keys on the way past the kitchen counter.

"Well, I dunno!" Abby responded. There was a soft thump. "Hey, Kate. Gibbsh wantsa know why we're in Garfield Park."

"Are we in Garfield Park?"

"I dunno. Hey, Gibbsh, Kate dunno neither."

"Let me talk to Kate," he nearly growled, hurrying across the snowy lawn to his truck.

"Yellow," Kate drawled into the phone.

"Kate! What the hell is going on?"

"Hey, Gibbsh!" Kate greeted him enthusiastically. "What'choo doin' up? It's like... really late in the mornin' or shomethin."

"You called me!" he exclaimed, pulling out of his driveway.

"I did?"

"Yes, you did!"

"Oh. Well I'm sure I had a good reason."

"Mind telling me what it was? And why you're in Garfield Park instead of home?"

"Huh." Gibbs could practically hear the hamsters running on little wheels inside Kate's head. "I dunno, Gibbsh. It's kinda hard to think. I'm pretty drunk."

He could do this. They would not break him. "Where did you get drunk?" he asked, deciding to start from the beginning.

"In a bar! Oh! Abby took me to this sweet club. There were all these women everywhere!"

"Okay. What did you do when you left the bar?"

"We called a cab," Kate said. "I'm way too drunk to be driving."

"Yes, you are." He shook his head. At least she'd retained that much of her brain. "What happened to the cab?"

There was a long pause. "I dunno. Hey, Abby, what happened to the cab?"

"What cab?"

"The one we called!"

"Did we call a cab?"

"I think we did. We musta, ‘coz Gibbsh wantsa know what happeneded to it."

"Must not of come," Abby reasoned.

"Hey, good idea! Hey, Gibbsh! Abby thinks the cab dinnint come."

That just figured. He pushed a little harder on the gas. "Are you sure you're in Garfield Park?"

"Is that where we are?"

"Damnit, Kate! Find a sign!" Gibbs snapped.

"Oh, hey! Great idea, Gibbsh! Abby, come on."

"Where we goin'?"

"Gibbsh said find a sign."

"Hey, there's one! On that building!"

"Abby, don't run! You're gonna - oh. You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Help me up."

"Walk thish time! God damn, you're drunk."

"I found a shign."

"Whassit say, Absh?"

"Women."

There was a very long pause during which Gibbs fought very hard with himself. When he felt himself capable of speaking calmly, he attempted to do so. "Not the bathroom, Kate. I need a street sign or something to tell me where you are."

"Oh!" Kate replied, sounding like all the secrets of the world had suddenly dawned on her. "Well, why dintcha say sho? This one here shays Third Shtreet, an' that one says G."

Definitely Garfield Park. "All right. I'm almost there. Do not go anywhere, understand?"

"You're coming here?"

"Yes, Kate! God, how much did you two have to drink?" He turned left off North Carolina onto Eighth Street.

"Hey, Abby! Gibbsh wantsa know how mush we had to zhrink."

"Vodka!" Abby responded cheerfully.

"Hey, whassat you got there?"

"Check me out!"

"You rock. Hard."

"Yeah, thass what you said lass night."

There was decidedly dirty laughter through the phone that Kate seemed to have forgotten she was holding. "How'djoo get these outta the club?"

"Stuck um in my bag."

"What are they, anyway?"

"I dunno, Kate. Jeez. Ish alcohomol. Juss drink it."

He wanted to slap himself in the face. They were still drinking? He turned right on G Street. He'd be where they - hopefully - were in just a second. His headlights flashed across two figures standing near the park entrance. "Kate, is that you and Abby I'm seeing?" There was no response from the phone. "Kate!" he snapped. He drew up to the intersection and gaped.

Standing before him were his second field agent, dressed in something short and gossamer that barely reached mid-thigh, and his forensic scientist, dressed in something leather that almost but not quite covered her ass. They were standing in three inches of snow, neither of them wearing a coat, wrapped in what might possibly be the hottest embrace he'd ever seen outside a porno. Abby's hands clasped Kate's ass; Kate's hands were doing something that was probably illegal under the front of Abby's skirt, and if he didn't do something quick, he was never gonna be able to look either of them in the eye again. Hell, he might not be able to after this, anyway. Lacking any better ideas, he pulled toward them and tapped his horn.

They jumped apart. Kate dropped her phone into the snow, and Abby dropped to her knees to find it. Kate squinted at him across the headlights. "Gibbsh?" she slurred. "What're you doin' here?"

"Getting you two out of the cold," he replied, sticking his head out the window. "Get in this truck."

"Hey Absh," Kate announced. "Gibbsh is here."

Abby sat back on her heels. "Why?"

"Shaysh he wantsa get us in the truck."

"Hey, that could be hot." Abby held up Kate's phone. "Lookit what I found."

"Hey, my phone! What's it doin' down there?"

"Dunno," Abby said.

Gibbs climbed out of the truck, pulled Abby to her feet, and grabbed Kate by the arm. "Now, you two." He steered them around to the passenger door and pushed them in one at a time. He had the foresight to hit the door lock before he shut the door, just in case either of them decided to try and get back out before he made it back around to behind the wheel, but he needn't have bothered; by the time he was back in the truck, both women were asleep, leaning on each other's shoulders.

He heaved a very put-upon sigh and drove back to his house.

Waking them proved to be a nearly-impossible task, but Abby was lightweight and Kate was capable of being steered while asleep, so he got them both into the house without difficulty, leading Kate by the hand into the guest bedroom. She collapsed face down on the bed and he carefully turned her head so that she wouldn't suffocate in the pillows, then pushed the wastebasket nearer to the bed with his foot. He started out, Abby still across his shoulders in a fireman's carry, when his passenger whined.

"What, Abs?"

"Kate," Abby said softly, sounding almost like a child crying for its toy. "Kate."

"Kate's fine, Abby," he said softly. "She's asleep."

"No. Want Kate."

"I'm gonna put you in my room, okay?"

Abby pushed at him, struggling in his arms, and he slid her carefully to her feet, holding her steady when she staggered. "No. I always sleep with Kate."

"Since when?" The question popped out of his mouth before he could stop it.

"Since you came back from Gitmo," Abby replied easily. She pushed past him and clambered onto the bed next to Kate. The two of them spooned together almost instinctively.

Gibbs wasn't sure he could deal with this knowledge. Abby and Kate? Abby he would have guessed, but Kate? Strait-laced, prim and proper, Catholic Kate? He shook his head, pulling the door closed behind him as he left the room. There were some things bosses just didn't need to know about their people.


end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Rainne.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: