Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
483
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
6
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,052

Letters Home

Summary:

Fandom: Torchwood
Characters: original Captain Jack Harkness
Rating/Warnings: none
Summary: for the at_the_ritz weekly challenge #31 Letters from the War. Jack is writing home.

Work Text:




Letters Home
by Lilithangel


Dear Sis,

We're off on our last training mission tomorrow and then all going well I will be off to join the 73rd in London. I know this isn't my usual time to write to you but I'm in an amazing mood and wanted to share it with you.

You really are the only person I can share this with because I know you will not judge me.

I met someone tonight. A fellow American which was a nice surprise. We met at a dance I attended with my men.

It's not often you meet someone that you just know understands you, truly sees you, but I did tonight.

Before you run off and yell for mom to start planning the wedding, I have to tell you that this person is another man.

It wasn't something I expected or wanted to happen, but I won't lie to you and pretend I haven't been fighting my feelings for a long time now. It wasn't something I wanted to happen and I think that if I had not met James I might very well have lived my entire life denying how I felt.

But I did meet him and he felt the same way, at least I think he did. He had to leave suddenly, you know how it is in wartime. Well I hope you never have to know how it is in wartime but believe me when I say leaving too soon is all too common.

We danced and it was wonderful. I don't know what the others thought and for the first time I didn't care. You have always been on at me to take risks outside of the cockpit and I finally am. I know it's probably not the kind of risks you meant, but when did I ever do what you told me to?

I think I could fall in love with him if we get the chance.

I'm scared, sis. The future is so uncertain and the way I feel is not acceptable to most and I don't want to hurt anyone, but it felt so right with James better than anything in my life.

We're living each day as if it was our last here because it could be and I wanted, needed to tell someone what happened. I know you understand about love and still miss Gregory every day so I can only hope you will understand what I am feeling right now and won't judge me too harshly.

I am happy sweetheart and finally understand what you and Gregory shared. I have no idea if I will ever see James again, war is such an uncertain time, but for now I want to enjoy the feeling and the memory of him in my arms.

I have to sleep now, prepare for the mission. Keep me in your prayers Becky.

Love always,
Your brother,
Jack.


END