Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
472
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
910

Words

Summary:

Summary: Jim overhears a word that he thinks is meant for him.
Acknowledgments: Thank you to Margaret for the wonderful prompt book she got me for Christmas. It's helping.
Prompt: "You know there's a word for guys like him."

Work Text:




Words
by Patt
PattRose1@aol.com


Jim walked towards the break room for his morning coffee and heard Detective Taylor say, "You know, there's a word for guys like him."

Detective Marshall laughed and said, "I know, its fag, right?"

Both Detectives started to laugh until Jim walked through the door. They both stopped and started to leave. Jim just glared at them. He knew that they were talking about him. They must have seen him some night when he wasn't as careful as he thought he was. *Damn it.*

Then Jim heard Taylor say, "Well look who is heading this way, our one and only fag."

Jim looked out the door and saw Blair heading to the break room confusing Jim somewhat. Blair was a babe magnet, he was with a different woman almost every night, why would they be talking about him?

Blair came into the room and said, "Man, Taylor and Marshall hate me. I don't know why. Do you?"

Jim smiled at him and said, "Sort of, but don't worry about it, they couldn't be more wrong."

"Oh tell me, what did they say?" Blair was in bounce mode.

"They think they have a fag among them. Their words, not mine." Jim explained.

"And this would bother you too?" Blair asked.

"Of course not, but you asked and I told you."

"Well, they're right, so if you don't like working with one, it's time for you to get out of the partnership I guess." Blair was looking at the floor as he poured his heart out.

Jim just stood there in shock and said, "What about all of the women in your life, Chief?"

"So I'm bi, haven't you ever heard of that? Plus let me tell you, dating a cop isn't one of the easiest things for someone to do, especially when they're a guy."

Jim smiled once again and said, "I'm bi also, Chief. I never thought you were or I would have asked you out."

"It's never too late, you know?" Blair answered.

Jim moved closer to him and almost whispered, "Would you like to go out for dinner tonight?"

Blair was very happy as he answered, "Yup and I don't sleep with someone on my first date."

"Good, that means we'll have a lot of dates before that happens. I'm a little nervous about sleeping with my friend." Jim explained.

"It'll all work out, Jim. Don't worry about it."

"Thanks, Chief."

"We better get back out to the bullpen, or those guys will say you're gay." Blair suggested.

"But I am gay." Jim stated.

"Yeah, but they don't have to know just yet. Now let's get some work done and plan our date for tonight." Blair led the way out of the break room and Jim knew everything would be all right.

Thank god for Taylor and Marshall.


The end