Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,986
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,115

Listen To Your Heart.

Summary:

Jack gives Ennis one more chance before he leaves forever. (Song fic)

Work Text:

 

Listen To Your Heart


Author: Vampirezdarkgurl


Rating: NC-17


Paring: Ennis/Jack


Disclaimer: I do not own BrokeBack Mountain or the song Listen to your Heart. They belong to their respective autors and/or singers.


Summary: Jack gives Ennis one more chance to be together before he leaves forever.



Listen To Your Heart


Ennis sat in his trailer sipping at a bottle of beer as his last encounter with his lover ran through his mind. They had gotten into another argument about moving in together instead of seeing each other every so often.


<---------------------------> <---------------------------> <-------------------------------->


 

I know there's something in the wake of your smile.
I get a notion from the look in your eyes, yeah.
You've built a love but that love falls apart.
Your little piece of heaven turns too dark.”

 


“Damn it Cowboy I can't keep doing this. I can't stand going months without seeing you only to have to leave again!” Jack shouted running his hands through his already mussed hair.


“Jack don't ask this of me. I told you I can't...we can't do that. This has to be enough.” Ennis shouted back from where he was placing his fishing gear back into the back of his truck.


Moving to his side Jack grabbed a hold of Ennis' arm and made him turn and look at him.


“Ennis we CAN do this. We just need to give it a try. Please. Just think about it; our own little place.” Jack whispered looking him in the eyes.


Leaning in Ennis brushed his lips against Jacks in a soft, short kiss then pulled away.


“I can't Jack. I won't risk us getting killed if we slip up.” Ennis said leaning his forehead against Jacks while his eyes started to mist up.


“Then...then I can't keep doing this Ennis. You need to decide if you want to be with me or not. I won't continue to do this. I won't drive fourteen hours just to be with you for a day or two then leave and not see you for another six months.” Pulling away Jack moved towards his own truck and opened the door.


 

Listen to your heart
when he's calling for you.
Listen to your heart
there's nothing else you can do.
I don't know where you're going
and I don't know why,
but listen to your heart
before you tell him goodbye.”

 


Stopping before he climbed in Jack turned towards Ennis and said, “I'll get a room at our motel for the next two nights. If you change your mind I'll be there and if not... then this is goodbye Ennis.”


Watching until his truck was out of sight Ennis then dropped down to his knees and buried his head in his hands.


“Damn it Jack, I don't want to put you in the ground because I couldn't protect you.” Ennis whispered as the tears that had built up in his eyes started to fall.


<-------------> <---------------> <------------------> <---------------> <-------------->



Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile.
The precious moments are all lost in the tide, yeah.
They're swept away and nothing is what it seems,
the feeling of belonging to your dreams.”

 


That had been a little over a day ago and Ennis had been drinking and brooding since he'd gotten back to his trailer. Slouching down further on his bed Ennis tossed his empty beer bottle to the floor and pulled a full one to him.


Feeling empty inside and alone on the outside Ennis let his thoughts wander to all the times he had been with Jack whether it had been talking, joking, making love or just holding him he had always felt complete.


'Jack it's my dream to be able to live with you and wake up next to you everyday. I just don't want to lose you.' Ennis thought to himself lifting his beer to his lips for another drink only to get a few drops.


With a disgusted sigh Ennis threw the bottle across the room and watched it shatter against the wall.



Listen to your heart
when he's calling for you.
Listen to your heart
there's nothing else you can do.
I don't know where you're going
and I don't know why,
but listen to your heart
before you tell him goodbye.”

 

Reaching down to grab another beer Ennis hesitated and leaned back against the pillows on his bed with a deep sigh.


'God Jack I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose you, but I also don't want to be the reason you die either.' Ennis said to himself rolling onto his stomach.


'I don't want to lose you I don't want to say goodbye.' Ennis thought pushing himself off of the bed. Pacing around as much as he could in the small confines Ennis tried to think of what to do.



And there are voices
that want to be heard.
So much to mention
but you can't find the words.
The scent of magic,
the beauty that's been
when love was wilder than the wind.”

 


“Mama always told me to do what would make me happy. Always told me to do what I could and to never give up.” Ennis said aloud stopping to look at the small group of photo's he had in the trailer.


Moving towards his small shower Ennis quickly jumped in and turned the shower to the coldest it could go. Washing as fast as he could to get the stink of alcohol off Ennis then walked out to his closet while drying off.


Pulling on a pair of blue jeans and a white button up Ennis grabbed his keys and hurried out to his truck after pulling on his boots.


It took Ennis nearly thirty minutes to get to the motel but he used the time to think of what he was going to say. Pulling into the parking lot Ennis parked as close to Jack's truck as he could then walked over to it.


Catching sight of the slip of paper resting on the window Ennis leaned in to see what it said and grinned.

 

Across the piece of paper was written: “I'm waiting Cowboy, room fourteen.”


Making his way over to the door Ennis didn't hesitate to raise his hand and knock on the door.


As the seconds ticked away and the door remained shut Ennis began to feel fear welling up that he was too late and Jack didn't want to see him.


Raising his hand Ennis knocked harder at the door and heard a muffled acknowledgment from inside. Giving a sigh of relief when he heard that Ennis straightened up keeping what he was going to say in the front of his mind.


Stepping back slightly so he was in the light Ennis watched as Jack swung the door open looking rumpled from sleep.

 

“Ennis!” Jack mumbled sounding shocked. “You hear to talk?” He asked rubbing his eyes.


“Yeah I was hoping we could talk. It's important.” Ennis said trying to remember the whole speech he had prepared.


“Come on in.” Jack said moving back into the room.


Taking off his hat as he entered Ennis winced when he caught sight of the time. “Sorry Jack I didn't realize that it was this late.”


“It's alright I figure you're hear because it's important.” Jack said looking weary.


“It is. It's really important.” Ennis said moving over to Jack.


Taking Jack's face into his hands Ennis leaned forward and pressed a kiss to his lips.


 

Listen to your heart
when he's calling for you.
Listen to your heart
there's nothing else you can do.
I don't know where you're going
and I don't know why,
but listen to your heart
before you tell him goodbye.”

 



Pulling away Jack asked, “What's this supposed to mean Ennis?”


“It means I want you, no matter what.” Ennis said.


Standing there Jack looked at Ennis still slightly uncertain.


“Don't leave me Jack, I love you.” Ennis said knowing that would help.


“I love you too Ennis...so does this mean you want to get a place together?” Jack asked.


“Of course. I don't want to lose you, we just need to get us some protection is all.”

 

“You won't regret this I promise.” Jack said grinning broadly.


“I know I won't.” Ennis said pulling him into his arms. Looking over at the bed Ennis asked, “Want to celebrate?”


“Ya gotta ask?” Jack teased pulling him backwards to the bed.


Turning around Ennis let himself fall backwards onto the bed pulling Jack down on top of him. Laying there Ennis unbuttoned Jack's shirt and pushed it off of his shoulders and tossed it to the floor.


Taking control Ennis flipped them over and lay Jack onto the bed. Unbuttoning his own shirt Ennis threw it down next to Jacks.


Leaning down Ennis slid his lips across Jacks chin and down his neck. Stopping at his neck Ennis bit and nipped at Jacks neck until there was a dark bruise forming on his skin.


Sliding further down Jack's body Ennis took a hold of the pants he was wearing and slid them down his legs and off of his body. Leaning back down Ennis kissed Jack's stomach then made his way down.


When he reached Jack's erection Ennis slipped his lips around the tip and slowly started to bob his head. Moaning Ennis looked up and grinned at Jack who had his eyes tightly shut and his head thrown back in ecstasy.


“Ennis, love you need to stop or it'll be over too soon.” Jack whispered tugging at his short hair.


Pulling his mouth away Ennis slowly kissed his way back up Jack's body. Once he reached his mouth Ennis dropped a kiss on Jacks lips.


“Do you have any slick?” He asked rubbing his cloth covered erection against Jacks.


“Yeah it's on the bedside table.” Jack said moaning.


Rolling to the side Ennis quickly removed his pants then grabbed the lubricant from the table.


Rolling back on top of Jack Ennis held up the lubricant with a grin. Popping the top Ennis poured a good amount of the lube on his fingers then reached down to stretch Jack. Quickly stretching him Ennis pulled his fingers away and placed the lube on his cock and entered Jack with a moan.


Leaning down Ennis took Jacks mouth in a kiss then started to swiftly rock in and out of Jack. Moaning Ennis knew he wouldn't last long so he reached down and took a hold of Jack. Thrusting faster Ennis quickly erupted inside of Jack and with another pump of his hand Jack erupted onto Ennis' hand and their stomachs.



Listen to your heart, mm-mmmmmm
I don't know where you're going
and I don't know why,
but listen to your heart
before you tell him goodbye.”

 



“You know I'm not going to let you go know Ennis. You're mine now I won't let you change your mind.”Jack said cuddling up to Ennis resting his head against his shoulder.


“Don't worry someone needs to keep you out of trouble Jack, and I'm going to be the one.” Ennis said kissing Jack's head. “Just promise me there won't be anymore trips to Mexico.”


“None I promise Ennis.” Jack said closing his eyes and slowly drifted off.


“I love you too Jack always.” Ennis answered knowing that Jack heard him when he saw the smile cross Jack's face.


****END STORY****


AN: I hope you guys liked this it was the first song story that I've ever done. Leave me a review and let me know what you think.


AN2: I'd also like to leave this as a challenge too. I'd like to see what others can do with this pairing and this song. If you do decide to do one let me know I'd like to read it.