Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
732
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,976

A Serenity Christmas

Summary:

Fandom: Firefly
Pairing: Mal/Simon/Jayne
Rating: FRT - slash, threesome, holiday schmoop
Disclaimers: Not mine, no money made.

Work Text:

 

 

A Serenity Christmas
by Sam-Tony

Standing on the catwalk overlooking the main cargo bay, Malcolm Reynolds, captain of the firefly class transport ship Serenity, leaned forward over the rail and watched his crew work together to bring in the twelve-foot tall pine tree up the ramp and into the hold.

That was to say, Mal was enjoying laughing his ass of as Jayne cursed and swore as the giant evergreen got wedged on something and immediately preceded to stop and dump a large mound of snow directly down the back of Jayne's coat. Behind the tree, Sheppard rolled his eyes, chiding mildly that the mercenary shouldn't swear, while immediately uttering a few of his own as Jayne threw a ball of the stuff at him, hitting him square in the chest and earning him another couple of words as Book started chasing the mercenary around the hold.

"Business as usual?"

The smooth voice, rich with amusement, spoke up beside him as Simon joined Mal on the rail, the smaller man peering down on the chase as Jayne slid on a slick patch of melted mush and went down just shy of where River and Kaylee stood giggling. No doubt at the display of childish antics as Book promptly scooped up a handful of snow and somehow managed to get it past the larger man's coat as Jayne yelped and started squirming.

"Business not as such, but usual enough I s'pose," Mal agreed, watching as, amid much grinning and grumbling, the two men made their peace enough to untangle the tree from the ramp struts, pushing and pulling the large pile of limbs inside. Kaylee and River looked happy he supposed; bundled up in layers of clothes and coats, their cheeks pink and their eyes bright above thick woolen scarves as they rubbed their frozen hands together in glee. Mal liked his girls to be happy.

Smiling, Simon stood at his back with his cheek pressed against Mal's shoulder, wrapping surprisingly strong arms around him. "They look beautiful, don't they?"

"That they do," Mal agreed easy enough. Holding on to Simon's hands, Mal peered down into the hold, enjoying the happiness the girls gave off. It wasn't often a ship captain trading in smuggled and outright stolen goods could rightly say he was content, but looking down on his family as they gathered around the naked limbs of a rare Christmas tree, Mal reckoned he could claim the sentiment honestly enough. Inara had promised all sorts of bright shinies that the girls could go through and dress the tree with; all manner of jewels and scarves and other whatnots that Mal didn't rightly want or need know about. Even Zoe had offered to help, as long as the menfolk actually performed the cuttin' and the haulin' and set the tree.

But then, Mal had always figured on there bein' a little girl in his second's body. Not that he would ever speak that out loud, a 'course. Better things he could do in bed than recover from that woman's ire.

"I suppose Jayne could use a massage," Simon spoke up behind him, the hands Mal held under his brushing invitingly against his stomach and along the top of his trousers. "From all of the carrying and transporting of the Christmas tree," he clarified. "After the decorating is finished, of course. You wouldn't perhaps be available to assist me, would you Captain?"

It took a swallow or two for Mal to answer back with a reasonable, "Reckon I might be able to help you with that, doc. Seein' as how you might be a bit busy with the kissin' and moanin' and all to reach every spot."

"Well, I *am* quite thorough, " Simon chuckled and agreed as Mal turned so that he could claim those inviting lips in one such kiss. "Perhaps a bit of moaning and kissing would be in order as soon as the others have all gone to bed. How does that sound?"

Standing on the walk, one lover in his arms and another doing his best to christen the tree with every curse word Jayne knew, his crew happy and moderately well off, thanks to the expensive cargo recently delivered to make room for said tree, Malcom Reynolds thought that sounded like he was a very, very lucky man.


End

http://hawk-dancing.livejournal.com/
http://2hawksdancing.insanejournal.com/