Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of The Giles Saga
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
2,001
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
990

Memories

Summary:

A Spike/Dru fic. Spike thinks back to various events with Dru
DISTRIBUTION: Sure, just tell me!
DISCLAIMER: Everything except what comes out of my pretty little head belongs to Joss and Mutant Enemy.
RATING: PG-13
SPOILERS: None, unless I miraculously get hired to write for the show.
FEEDBACK: Wanted. Needed. SEND IT!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

The Giles Saga: Memories
by Ragna (Obsessive-Compulsive Spike)



Spike walked around Sunnydale, miserable and distraught.

"The end is coming! Repent and save your soul!" a preacher cried from the street corner.

"Aww, shut up!" Spike snapped. Dru was gone again, and this time, he had no idea why. He hadn't made a deal with a Slayer, and he hadn't killed Angel. Why would she leave him?

The preacher came to Spike. The street was deserted, except for a heavy fog. "Young man, do you believe in redemption?"

Spike stopped. "Not anymore, no."

"Do you believe demons will inhabit the Earth unless God stops them?"

Spike laughed. How naive, he thought. "What makes you think they already haven't?" Spike changed, and proceeded to feed.

Walking away a few minutes later, Spike shrugged. Clergy men always tasted strangely, he thought, but that's what makes them so interesting to kill.

***

"What has he done now?"

The assistant looked terrified. "Well, sir, his..."

"Girlfriend?"

"Right, sir. His girlfriend left him without a word, so he's roaming Sunnydale. He just ate a preacher."

"Thank goodness. I always hated them."

The assistant visibly relaxed. "That's not all. Spike has spent quite a bit of time following the Slayer, but not attacking her."

"Interesting. What can be done about it?"

"Not much, sir. Mr. Trick is dead, as well as a majority of other demons, either killed by the Slayer or Spike."

"I asked what could be done, not what couldn't."

The look of terror returned to the assistant. "Yes sir. You can wait, that's about all. Every demon around is afraid of Spike, since he's killed so many."

"What about his girlfriend?"

"She's in New York, but it looks as though she'll be coming back."

"Pardon?"

"She appears to be there to visit. No residence has been set up, and she doesn't have much in the way of means to survive."

"But she's a vampire." The mayor puffed on his cigar. "Find her and...persuade her to come back."

"Yes sir."

***

The mansion seemed huge. Without Dru, Spike thought, it was painfully empty.

He sank down onto a couch and sighed. He wouldn't act the way he had before, when he'd come to Sunnydale drunk and wanting to hurt Angel.

"For once, it wasn't the bloke's fault," he muttered aloud. He realized he was talking to himself and just let his thoughts ramble.

Why would she leave? Was it something I did? Why hadn't she taken that damn doll? He walked over to Miss Edith and picked her up.

The doll was still burned a bit, but it still looked like a doll. Spike smiled, remembering how she got her...

***

It had been many, many years ago. About a century, now that he thought about it.

Dru had been ranting and acting insane, as usual, and Angelus couldn't stand it.

"Spike! Find some way to shut her up!" he yelled. Spike smiled.

He loved Drusilla, and hated the way Angelus treated her. They were in Romania, and Darla was with them.

"Calm down, Angelus," Darla said. She glared at Spike. "I want to be alone with Angelus."

"Fine." Normally he didn't take orders, but in this case, it worked out better. Dru loved Angelus, but maybe...

He walked over to the area of the hose where Dru was. "Dru, sweet?" he asked tenderly.

She stopped talking to herself. "Spike. Did you know the stars light up when you're around?"

"Yes love. You've told me that. Look, it's night. Do you want to feed?"

She looked at her stomach. "Yes. My insides hurt."

"Poor Dru. Let's go." He stood up and offered her his hand. She accepted, and he helped her up.

"I think we should stay out of the woods tonight, Spike. Very bad things are happening."

"Did you have a vision?"

"Yes, but I see pain. One of us will be in pain." Angelus tended to ignore her visions, but Spike listened. And learned.

"Then we'll stay away. To make sure you're not the one in pain." Or me either, he thought to himself.

Dru smiled. "I like you. You listen. Daddy just...yells. He makes my ears hurt."

"Yes, well, Angelus is like that a lot."

They left the house and walked around. Drusilla saw a toy shop.

"Spike!"

"Yes, love?"

"Can I have that?" She was pointing to a doll in a frilly white dress.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. She says she's for me. Her name's Miss Edith."

"Than she'll be yours." Spike walked around to the back of the shoppe, and broke in. Within minutes, the doll was in Dru's arms.

"Miss Edith says thank you."

Spike smiled at Dru, then tenderly kissed her. Dru didn't resist.

Pulling away, Spike said, "I love you, Dru."

***

As that memory faded, he set Miss Edith down. Funny, Dru had been right. If they'd gone into the woods, Darla would have convinced them to eat that Gypsy girl as well, and then...

"We'd have bloody souls," he muttered aloud. Walking around, he picked up and looked at his first set of railroad spikes. Ahh, the fun he'd had with those. He was remembering some of those times when something else caught his eye.

It was a dress, but it was an important one. It was what Dru had been wearing the day they were attacked.

***

Prague had been a favorite place of theirs. Spike and Dru had rampaged most of Europe, but Prague was beautiful.

As well as full of people.

The mob wasn't planned, but they managed to beat Dru badly. Even modern day mobs were bad news.

The two ran for their lives, or lack of. Dru was getting weaker, and Spike was actually scared. Not for himself, but for Dru.

A girl stood in front of them. She was wearing jeans, a small shirt and a leather jacket. She had red hair and hazel eyes, and was rather beautiful. Spike considered feeding off her, but changed his mind. "She's hurt."

"I know a place for her to get better." She led them to an abandoned warehouse. On the outside, it looked dilapidated.

The inside, however, was luxurious. "It's a movie set. My parent's are filming a movie here, but this set won't be used again, so you can stay here."

Spike nodded. He set Dru on the couch that was there. Turning around, he changed his face and looked at the girl. "But you're not," he said.

She backed up, and pulled out something from her jacket sleeve.

"Hold on, Spike."

He stared at her. She knew who he was, and that he was a vamp, yet she saved him anyway. "Who are you?"

"That's not important. But I'm asking for a promise."

He laughed. "Why should I give you one?"

"Because I can permanently restore your soul." She said it simply.

"What is the promise you want?"

"That you won't hurt me until you fulfill three favors. I choose those favors, and I'll know where to find you."

Stuck in a corner, there was nothing he could do. "I will, but only if you tell me who you are."

"Fair. I'm Alexandra, and I'm a Watcher."

She then turned and left, saying, "We'll see each other again."

***

Spike smiled at that. The one Watcher he admired, Alexandra, was also great at keeping secrets. She was actually Alexandra Giles, the niece of Buffy's Watcher.

They're reunion had been an interesting one. Spike was about to kill her uncle's Slayer when he heard the familiar sound of someone loading a crossbow bolt.

"Spike, let her go." He'd recognize Alexandra's voice anywhere; it had a unique accent, partly English, partly Southern, partly what accounts for one in California. He let Buffy go and left.

At least she wasn't here now. Alexandra had returned to London for something having to do with the Watcher's council. Maybe Dru went there...

He walked out of Dru's room and headed towards the main entry room. There are a lot of reminders of Dru, but one stands out.

***

The music box sat there. It played a beautiful song, which Dru had hummed quite a bit.

Spike had had to pry it out of the hands of the man to get it.

Of course, he was dead, so it was easier. But it meant so much...

***

"Miss Edith sings that song a lot, Spike," Dru said as they returned to Sunnydale. Together, this time.

"What song is that, love?" Spike asked, not hearing anything.

"It's old, like us. I can hum it, if you want."

"Fine, sweet. Hum away."

With that, Drusilla proceeded to hum the signature song from Swan Lake. It was sad, but beautiful. Just like Dru, Spike thought.

Spike wasn't stupid. He knew Dru missed Angel, even if he was good and all. Luckily, Spike found out he had left Sunnydale. Turned out Buffy didn't want him there.

That was interesting. Being kicked out of town by someone centuries younger than you. But Angel had been like that. Soft, that is.

"What's my Spike thinking?" Dru asked as the went up the hill towards the mansion.

"About you. Are you happy? With me?"

Dru giggled, a slightly unnerving sound. "Miss Edith said that you were thinking about Angel, but I think she lied. No cake for her."

Spike got out and opened the car door for Dru. "Welcome home, pet."

For the next few days, they didn't leave the mansion, instead eating the delivery people who came to the mansion.

Spike looked at Dru a few days later. He suddenly got and idea. "Duck, I'm going to get you a surprise."

Dru looked up. "Well, be careful. The stars are fighting, and it scares me."

He kissed her. "I'll be fine. Rest, love." He walked out the door.

A few minutes later, he pulled up in front of a specialty store. They had quite a bit of crystal and glass items for sale. Hopefully, they had a music box.

Spike opened the door. The shop was about to close, and the man behind the counter said, "Hi! Can I help you?"

"Yes," Spike replied, looking around the store. It was empty. "I'm looking for a music box that plays 'Swan Lake.' It would mean a lot if it was beautiful and elegant."

"I actually have one," the shopkeeper said. He went to the back of the store and, five minutes later, came back with a beautiful crystal music box, decorated with porcelain flowers.

"Perfect," said Spike.

The shopkeeper rang up the purchase. "That will be $173.38"

"No, it won't," Spike said, setting down the box. He attacked the shopkeeper, breaking his neck. He found a box to put it in, and, on the way back to the car, picked some flowers. He realized he'd torn his duster during the fight, though. And it didn't look as though it could be repaired.

Arriving at the mansion, he surprised Dru. She had had her back to him, and he snuck up on her.

"Hello, pet."

Dru turned around, with a smile on her face. "Hello." She saw the package. "What's that?"

"Open it." She did, and smiled even more when she saw the music box. She opened it, and the song came out. She looked up at him.

"Oh Spike. Spike..."

***

"Spike, why are you standing there?" Dru asked, walking into the mansion.

Spike shook his head. It looked like...Dru. "Dru?"

"Yes, I'm back. I have a present for you."

Spike looked at her more closely, and saw she had a bag with her. He walked over to her and took the bag. Inside was a black leather duster, exactly like his old one.

"You got this for me?"

"Yes. Miss Edith said you should have one, so I got one. I remembered we'd been in New York, so that's were I went."

Spike put it on. It was a perfect fit. He went to Dru and held her.

"Thank you, but please, don't ever leave again."

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: