Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of The Angel Song Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
886
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,880

The Present

Summary:

sometimes the small problems are the hardest to solve.

Work Text:

 

 

The Present
by BJ



Jean leaned against the counter nibbling on a carrot stick.Logan was sitting at the table staring at his beer.Something was really bothering him but he was a friend and teammate and she'd never pry.

"Logan what are your plans for the rest of the day."

"huh,oh...nothin'much Red"

"So every thing is ok?"

"sure, why"

"Logan! what is up with you. You've been staring at that beer for an hour."

Logan looked up at Jean and smiled"What's wrong Jeannie, Hank run out of gossip?"

"Logan,..no,actuallyI heard...never mind, are you and Remy..."

"We're fine, Red, actually he's due home from New Orleans tomorrow."

Jean had to smile at the flash of excitement in his eyes,it had been so long since her friend had been this happy.

"Okay,just checking, I'll leave you alone now" she said. As she left the kitchen, she passed Bobby, "Hey Logan." he said as he made his lunch. "What are you doin' today, Icecube."

Bobby nearly choked on his sandwich, Logan was speaking to him...nicely.

After coughing a few times he said"Um, nothing I guess"

"Good now yer helpin' me."

"I'm..sure..um..I mean..sure..." Bobby stammered. Logan never asked him for help, if there was no one else on the PLANET he wouldn't ask Bobby for help.

"Come on."

"Okay..."

As they made thier way to the elevator, Bobby following Wolverine, he asked "where we going?"

"you'll see"

"If this is because of that silly little joke last week...."

"Huh,oh no,...I'll get you for that later"

"Oh good" Bobby muttered"something to look forward too.Sure will be glad when Gambit gets back"

"What did you say"

"nothin"

"That's what I thought"

 

The deeper into the mansion they got, the more talkative Bobby got."Cool! I've never been here! How'd you find it?"

"Went lookin' for a song.In here."

It was a tiny room,full of old junk.Logan pulled a string and a single dirty lightbulb shone down on a dusty old piano in the corner.

"This is what you came for?"Bobby asked

"Yup,and it's gotta be in my room by tonight."

"Sure, no problem."

Unfortunately there were lots of problems.The elevator stopped a floor above and they had to muscle it out of the small room and up a flight of stairs."Logan, can we take a break?"

"Drake, you took a break when you sat it on your foot. You took a break to take up the old Lava lamp and Operation game"

"that was for Hank..."

"You took a break to eat.."

"you didn't let me finish lunch"

"Drake, shut up and push we're almost to the elavator."

"what do you want with this thing anyway,it's ugly.., and it probably sounds terrible"

"You'd be surprised" Logan let the sentence die as he remembered the first and last time he'd heard it.

 

The next afternoon Logan walked down the steps as a taxi drove away from the mansion.Remy looked up at him and smiled.Logan stopped on the bottom step and just took in the sight of the young man in front of him. When exactly had the kid stolen his heart? He stepped down , pulled the cajun into a full body hug and whispered"Welcome home kid"

Remy dropped his suitcase and returned the hug.Then he dipped his head and caught Logans mouth, Logan sighed deeply as the soft warm lips met his.God he loved the kid. "Good to be home, mon couer" Remy whispered as he pulled back.

Logan grabbed his suitcase and looked up into the beautiful face "you look tired. Come up to the room and rest."

"Can't do that, I gotta go check in wit Scotty"

"Later,come on... I got you something."

"A present?" an angelic smile lit Remy's face as they made thier way up to the room.Outside the door Logan stopped Remy

"Close your eyes."

Remy pouted a moment before he closed his eyes."no peekin'"

"Ok,Ok, what is it!"Logan chuckled as he led Remy into the room. Sometimes Remy sounded so much like a little boy.

After he shut the door he said "alright, open 'em". Remy's eyes grew big and his mouth formed an"O" as he walked across the room and ran his hand across the top of the old upright piano.It was polished and shiny and looked reborn, across the keys lay a single red rose.Remy picked up the rose and closed his eyes as he smelled it. Then he ran his long elegant fingers lightly across the keys.

"Cher, I don't know what to say" he said,there were tears in his eyes and Logan became concerned "if you don't like it..."

"Non,it's the best present ever." He kissed Logan deeply then he slid onto the bench. Once again Logan wrapped his arms around the young man seated there, then he slid in beside him. As he stared into his lovers exotic eyes he said "teach me something"

Everyone in the mansion stopped to hear the joyous music that filled the air. It was so full of hope and love. "Welcome home Remy" Jean whispered as she walked to Scott's office, "welcome home."

 

end

Series this work belongs to: