Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
406
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,376

Asking for Forever

Summary:

A bit of confusion leads to a surprising revelation.

Work Text:

"Don't you understand Gil, I'm not asking for forever. I'll take what you can give, no matter how little it may be." Warrick knew he was selling himself short, knew he deserved all of Gil, but he couldn't bring himself to ask for more and run the risk of losing Gil all together.

"That's the thing Warrick. I can't give you part of me; you've already taken everything I am."

The kiss was sudden, passionate, and more revealing than any word either man had shared. It left them breathless, and more confused than ever.

Panting, Warrick smiled slightly as he cupped Gil's cheek, "But I thought you didn't want a real relationship. You said you weren't' any good at them."

Kissing the thumb sliding over his bottom lip, Gil sighed softly, "I didn't. Not really. But then I couldn't imagine being with anyone else when I was with you, and I couldn't *think* of anyone or anything else when we were apart. So I realized *that* had to mean something. And the more I thought about I realized that it *does* mean something. And although I'm no good at relationships, if you're willing to help me, I'm willing to give it a try."

Pulling Gil to him, Warrick wrapped his arms around the older man, whispering as he bent closer to Gil, "How 'bout we help each other? That sound like a good plan to you?"

"Perfect. I love you Warrick."

Warrick was about to ask if he really meant it, but the look of shock on Gil's face let him know it had been a slip of the tongue, leaving no doubt in Warrick's mind that Gil mean every word.

Smiling, he leaned in closer, "I love you too, Gil," before taking his lover's lips in a deep kiss.

As the two men walked towards the bedroom, neither could really remember what had brought about this conversation, this revelation. It had started as an argument, that much they remembered, but try as they might neither man could remember what the argument had been about. In the end it didn't matter.

All that mattered was that they knew where they stood with each other. And as they looked around, they both agreed, 'in love' was a pretty good place to stand.

END