Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
474
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
936

Seems like old times...

Summary:

Word Count: 466
Category: Slash
Warning: AU, ER (established relationship), m/m partnership
Notes: written for Sentinel Thursday challenge no. 221, "ER"

Work Text:

 

 

Seems like old times...
by morudai (on LJ) / Margaret Newman




It was the first time he'd been to the hospital in several years, and all the old emotions came boiling back to life. His heart pounded, his palms were sweaty, his gut hurt, and even his knees felt wobbly. What if this was really serious? What if it was life threatening?

His immediate thought after the call ended was, "oh god, what if I don't get there soon enough?"

This was followed by, "Shit, I don't want to call Naomi about this."

Parking was a real bitch, and he actually had to take a tram from the parking garage to the hospital itself. Obviously, the hospital had undergone massive renovations since the last he had been there. That had been about seven years ago, no less. Six years and a few months, give or take.

The first familiar face he saw was Blair's. His partner hurried towards him, his curly gray hair pulled back in one of his black hair ties.

"He's fine." Blair said right away. "I'm sorry that the nurse called, I was in the room with the doctor while they sealed the wound."

"Wound!" Jim choked, "What the hell happened, Sandburg! You take my son to the museum in San Angeles, and-."

"A minor cut. Probably wouldn't have rated more than two stitches back in the old days." Blair shook his head at Jim. "He won't even have a scar. The doc said in two days, you won't even be able to tell he was hurt."

"But!"

"Look, he's my kid too. Though, I have to say, this is typical for your side of the family. Ten years I worked as a cop, I never dropped my gun or wrecked a car." He grabbed Jim's hand and drug him around curtains and ER staff to where their seven year old son lay on a gurney.

"Oh man." Wil groaned. "You had to call Dad. He's never gonna let me out of the house now."

"Oh hush." Blair laughed. "He would have found out sooner or later. It's already played on the newsblip once."

"Newsblip? He gets a gash in the head-."

"It's not a gash."

"You can't even see it-."

"And it ends up on the news?"

"Well, there was the small explosion." Wil whispered, closing his eyes. He didn't want to see his Dad go apo-whatsis. The one where his face would go read and his eyes would nearly bug out of his head.

"What!"

"I was thinking more of the display crash-." Blair chuckled.

"Oh my god." Jim clapped his free hand to his forehead. "I'm not going to survive this."

"Sure you will." Blair laughed a bit more, hugging him. "Just wait til you hear about the bill."

"Bill!" Jim bellowed, and Wil slid a little further under the covers.

end

Email: mereridkat at aol.com